The Science of Drinking

Pre-Chapter AN: Go look up alcohol/drinking stock images they're fucking hilarious and they reminded me I should probably say something like: Drink in moderation, I am not endorsing getting pissed off your face and glorifying near alcohol abuse(i think???) I'm just scottish and thats how we roll.

It wasn't long before Aelin found herself half-naked in something Mor kept calling a 'jumpsuit', though where she was jumping too was yet to be decided.

"It's one of my outfits from when we were last here, I left it in a wardrobe."

The group of them moved through the streets in hopes to find the dodgiest bar they could and all the while Aelin pulled at the material curiously, "I've never seen fabric like this, what is it again?"

Mor turned back around from where she was leading them through twisting alleys and looked her up and down. With a nimble hand she grabbed at the fabric hanging off Aelin's shoulder and frowned.

It was Nesta who provided a dry insult with a roll of her eyes, "It's because we went to the bonfires last year, it's fireproof material remember?"

Aelin couldn't help the smirk that crossed her face, how fitting for the Heir of Fire. Amren lagged at the back looking like she would rather be at home despite her instant agreement to join them on their night out.

The four of them made quite an impression, they were all utterly confident in their bodies and moved with fluid grace of immortals and warriors, or in Nesta's case, dancers. They were not unaware of the watching eyes peering out at them from the houses as they strode past like lethal hunters, shutters clicked and clacked, chains were hooked onto doors and wailing babes were shushed to an impossible quiet.

If the whole evening was going to go like this then Aelin may as well have stayed in bed with her mate. Fortunately for her sadistic tendencies, there were plenty of drunks and idiots -even some drunk idiots- who wanted to play with the females of the Inner Circle and their companion. Approximately 7 different males heckled Aelin in regards to the fact she hadn't worn a dress earlier nor was she now. Her only response was a daft-looking grin, with extra teeth. That shut them up pretty quick.

Aelin enjoyed good quality dresses, but she was out this evening for a brawl and it wasn't ideal to wear the tight corsets and heavy overskirts that many females were forced into every day. Not when Aelin's goal was to beat the shit out of those same women's husbands and fathers. Mor lead them onto a busy main street in the easternmost part of the city, the part which slept through the sun's brightest hours rather than the moons late nights.

Unimpressed, Nesta clicked her tongue as they observed the 3 distinct brawls happening along the visible length of the road. Aelin found it rather humorous that whenever males from different fights bumped into each other they apologised extensively before slamming their fists back into their 'correct' opponents.

"I've never seen open air pit fighting." The assassin remarked, carefully adjusting the weapons tucked into the crevices of her body.

Amren hummed, "There is no enforcement of the laws over here, any real guards would be killed for trying to settle the crowds so the only guards who come here are the ones fighting." The short female still looked empowered despite being surrounded by brawling giants and she narrowed her eyes on a male who came an inch too close, causing him to leap away with a muttered apology.

The third of the Night Court on the other hand didn't look quite so comfortable, "How exactly are we supposed to get through that ?" She gestured to the road ahead. Aelin saw that she was right, while you could try to weave through them all, she counted about 30 males fighting over the full width of the street who even she would struggle to avoid without having to sprint and twist through them.