A Domestic Featuring Roses (and Puppies)

Once they arrived at the Riverhouse, Aelin gazed around in delight. "Oh this house is so much nicer when I'm not drunk and can actually see what's going on."

Rhys gave her an amused look and gestured to a gravel path which led round the back of the house. Aelin immediately shot off, with Fenrys bounding along behind her, shaking his mighty head and growling as he circled her joyfully. Rowan, in an act of uncharacteristic politeness, dipped his head to Feyre and Rhys before following after his wife and the wolf.

Aelin rounded the corner and saw a wonderful garden of all kinds of flowers. The colours were melded together, obviously planned out by someone with a lot of care and love, and far too much time on their hands.

The paths were maintained to utter perfection, though the flowerbeds were not too neat that they appeared unnatural. It was the most wonderful place Aelin had ever seen, it truly belonged to the Night Court as she could see how the colours and twisting leaves would curl up into the sky as if reaching for the stars.

There was a seating area under a canopy, metal poles delicately supporting plants which climbed and built walls from the frame. The benches were wooden, and painted in decorations of leaves and flowers. It seemed the artistic High Lady had had a go on these surfaces as well.

The trio settled in the circular structure, Fenrys sitting beside the end of one of the benches, allowing Aelin to rest an arm on the side of the bench and lay one hand on the wolf. Rowan settled beside her and glanced around at the plants around them.

"We should get a garden like this," he murmured to her.

Aelin shot him a sideways grin, "Oh we already have a wonderful garden at home, though perhaps we should go for a hunt to find a better gardener."

She felt Fenrys tense under her hand and looked up to the entrance of the pavilion. Elain had just walked in, the female Aelin had met twice, most impressively when she had broken into her window. Elain had a basket of tools and was covered in earth and muck, it was apparent she had come to this section of the garden to have a break from the sun.

"Oh hello Elain!" Aelin called cheerily.

The female's eyes widened and as she took in the sight of Rowan, still covered in blades and covered in a dark grey cloak. As well as the giant white wolf sitting with narrowed eyes, looking like he could lunge and be at her throat with his great teeth in less than a moment. Elain stuttered and took a step back, only to bump into Azriel's solid chest. His hand shot to her hip as he helped steady her. "It's just me." His voice was soft, and barely audible to the trio sitting on the other side of the pavilion.

"This is Celaena's wife, Sam Rowan Sardothien, he just goes by Rowan. And the wolf... we were not given his name, but he is Rowan's familiar."

The Fae male in question tipped his head slightly, a large hand resting on his wife's thigh as he took in the two Fae in the entranceway. "We apologise if you were planning to use this space, the three of us just wanted a spot out of the way to pass the afternoon."

Elain flustered under his gaze, and the male's presence behind her likely didn't help, "N-no it's no bother, I was just going to sit for a few minutes and get my breath back. Please feel free to stay in the garden as long as you like!" She gave them a shy smile and slid onto a bench, not the one right next to them, but the next, leaving a deliberate gap between herself and the strangers.

Azriel settled cautiously beside her, stretching his wings over the back of the seat and allowing the sun to filter through the leaves onto the dark membrane. Fenrys moved from under Aelin's hand and introduced himself to Elain.