The Oldest Shadowsong

It wasn't Aelin's fault they had been left in a huge house with absolutely nothing to do. She and Rowan had possibly raided the wine cabinet but there was absolutely no evidence to prove that. After all, Fenrys was the one who downed a bottle of vodka and started belching, as a wolf it was amplified rather strangely and caused Aelin to giggle hysterically.

"Aw pup, got some indigestion there?" She cackled while Rowan chuckled slightly and tipped more down his throat. Though there was always a chance of sombody being left to spy on them, they hadn't been stopped from stealing liquor and so long as they didn't talk about anything serious it would be fine.

"Oi, boyo get away from that bottle before you finish it!" Fenrys dived away from the bottle, which Rowan didn't realise was already empty. The warrior reached for it and upon finding it completely finished, let out a snarl and began to chase Fenrys through the heated corridors. Rowan was threatening to bash his head in as they rocketed through twisting hallways.

All the while Aelin threw her head back and laughed, less than a minute later they returned with Rowan slamming the wolf to the ground as they re-entered the room. He threatened some punishment or another yet Fenrys didn't seem too bothered.

"It's no fun drinking just the three of us, we do it all the time and it's boring!" She exclaimed while getting to her feet and wandering around the room, looking for some alternative form of entertainment.

Aelin came up empty, other than a half missing box of some board game which had crappy instructions and looked like it had been chucked out the window a few times. "Nothing wrong with an evening in Fireheart," Rowan purred from where he had flopped on a couch, he had loosened his shirt's buttons in the chase, and Aelin couldn't help but run an appreciative eye over him.

Fenrys, of course, noticed and gave a grunt of annoyance as he rolled onto his side on the carpet and gave them a pleading look. "We won't start anything, promise!" Aelin tried to convince him.

He knew it was a lie of course, but decides maybe he should find something for the three of them to do before they turned to more... primal entertainment. Rowan appeared to agree, and raised his head to glance about the room.

"Isn't there anything fun to do in this house?"

The warrior's voice was a low uninterested drawl, which Aelin found hilarious as he was obviously acting. "Of course! I'm right here!" She fell onto her husband, the board game going flying as she drunkenly grabbed at him.

"Hey hey, we kicked him out last night we should do something together." This was one of the rare times Rowan stood up for Fenrys, which meant he must feel pretty bad about the night before. Aelin was still tipsy enough she couldn't resist teasing.

"What you mean cause there's nobody's lap he can sit on tonight? Should have asked Azriel to stay behind." She burped slightly and whacked her chest with another laugh. Fenrys met her gaze as if begging her to just shut up, however she found this even more hilarious and then couldn't stop her wheezing. That was until the dog lept ontop of her, and therefore Rowan, in order to essentially crush the air out of her lungs to stop her saying anything else.

Rowan lay still as death underneath them, muscles completely relaxed under the weight of her and the wolf.

"What the fuck bro?!" Aelin screamed and tried to shove Fenrys off her, but the weight was too great and you can't exactly grapple with a wolf. Only when her friend started growling did she realise what he wanted, Aelin clamped down on her laughter and said in a very serious voice.

"I sincerely apologise, it won't happen again."

Finally Fenrys moved off her and smugly sat down next to the coffee table.