Sister And Family

A/N: Here's another chapter! I felt bad for you guy's having to wait so long for an update so I decided to do two instead of one. Thank you all for so many reads, It seriously means so much to me!

-Blakeley

{ UNEDITED }

~-~

"Hi, Jane." I greet awkwardly, fidgeting nervously beside the confused looking Abe who keeps glancing between the tall blonde haired woman and I.

Her features were as flawless as I remember, smooth and soft looking. Her once long blonde locks have been cut off at her chin and layered, framing her big, round green eyes. Her 5ft6 frame stands above my by a couple inches. She's wearing an oversized, men's flannel shirt, faded blue skinny jeans and fluffy socks.

In her hand, a steaming mug of, what I would assume is coffee, judging by the strong smell, and in her other, she's holding the small girls tiny hand.

This woman in front of me is my sister.

Her large green eyes study me with shock and disbelief.

Here it comes, I think to myself. Rejection. 

But to my utter shock and surprise, the mug of coffee in her hand drops to the floor with a loud 'crash!'. Dropping the little girls hand, she walks forward quickly and envelopes me in a long bear hug.

I stand frozen stiff for a few seconds, the shock shown clear on my face before, slowly, bringing my arms up to wrap around her thin waist. Relief washed through me and without a second thought, I bury my head in her should and squeeze her tight, the smell of men's cologne and starberry's entering my nose almost immediately.

"Nicole...It's really you. My goodness, it's really you." She whispers over and over again, the shock and relief in her voice making warmth spread throughout my chest.

She missed me, too.

She actually missed me!

The hug lasts a few more minutes before she releases me slowly, backing away and looking at me with teary eyes and a relieved smile. I return her smile, my eyes glanced between her and the small girl quickly.

Jane quickly snaps out of it and ushers us both inside, ignoring the large coffee mess, and closing the door behind us and leading the two of us into a small living area with couches, a small fire place and dark brown walls. Photo's surround the dark and homey room along with small collectibles and trinkets.

"How did...How did you find me?" Jane asks after we've all taken a seat, the little girl disappearing down the hall and into an unknown room to play after happily shaking both Abe and I's hands.

"Long story," I sigh.

She nods her head and looks around the room, her hands fidgeting with a ring on her finger anxiously. I eye the ring closely, the light reflecting off the gem brightly.

"Your married." I whisper, my voice quiet and shocked.

Jane's eyes widen before looking down at her fidgeting hand. Her fingers retract from the ring and she eyes it solemnly.

"Yes." She whispers, her eyes lifting to meet mine. "I am."

I nod, my eyes beginning to burn as I look away briskly.

"Your upset about this." It wasn't a question but more of a statement.

I shake my head quickly and give her a small smile. "No, I'm not. I-I...I'm just surprised, that's all - what with everything that's happened, I didn't know how easy it was for you to move on from it." We both wince at the last word.