Lost Family Found

A/N: Ok, firstly, I just want to apologize for how long it's been since I last updated. I'm not going to sprout excuses because I know it was my fault and I shouldn't try to blame it on anything/anyone else. But, the good news is, here is - finally - another update! Just to warn you, I'm shortening the chapters a bit because that allows me to update easier and lots quicker. We cool? Cool.

-Blakeley

{ UNEDTIED }

~-~

All my life I dreamed of what it would be like to travel the world. To escape true reality and just let the wind take me wherever it may.

Being stuck in a old, run-down orphanage had put off those plains just a bit. I wasn't very stable (mentally) when I was trapped in that damp and grungy building; in fact, I had panic attacks almost every night for years.

Eventually, the orphanage host had finally had enough of my attacks because I was disturbing the other kids and had me moved me to my own separate room.

It didn't matter about my health, oh no - It was the kids who openly cried, who had no shame in showing how weak and broken they were. I suppose the reason no one ever helped me was the fact that I kept locked away, crying and having attacks all on my own away from everyone else while all the other kids wen't running for help.

But I don't blame them. Some of the kids in that place were scarred for life so I couldn't blame them for wanting comfort. Lord knows they needed it. Even I wanted comfort! But the shame; the embarrassment of someone seeing me at such a weak state kept me from it.

I never socialized, never talked or joined any of the games, all I ever did was sit in a corner with my sketch pad and pencils; I didn't need anyone back then. I was fine on my own and even to this day I thought I didn't need anyone. I'm stubborn and bull-headed - everyone usually stayed away from me, what with my foul mouth and brittle temper, but that never bothered me.

I had made a promise; I'd never cry over anything ever again, but what's a girl to do when everything you've ever had and loved completely left you? I cried for day's and day's on end. I was too ashamed, too self-conscious to let anyone see me in such a weak state so I wept in my own, separate side of the house with no one but myself.

There was one girl at one time that actually befriended me. She was a bright, bubbly girl who - even though had been dumped there by her own flesh and blood - was always perky and happy. For the longest time, I found the kind-hearted girl to be very unusual and annoying.

But after months of her non-stop talking, bugging and prodding me, I finally cracked.

We became inseparable, unbreakable and bound together like chains. I taught her the art of sketching, a gift that I had since I was little, and in return she helped me open up to the cruel world.

But it didn't last long.

That gorgeous ray of sunshine had finally burned out after the girls fourteenth birthday. She had got cancer and by the time the doctors had found it, it was too late

She died a month later.

But she inspired me; though all the while she was sick and dying, she never complained. She was never afraid, not of dying nor of being sick. She was completely and utterly happy, all the way up until she took her last breath.

But after she left, I wen't back to being the same rude and foul person I was before. I never let another person in after that.

I took the first chance out of that hell-hole and never looked back. I lived on the street for a good two weeks before I had finally earned enough money to rent an old, dingy barn to sleep in. After months and months of work and not enough food, I finally was able to rent the place I have now.