Secrets

A/N: Alright., well.... I guess I have nothing to say. Everyone else always has something to say in they're A/N but me? Nope. Nothing. Well, I guess that's it......yep.

-Blakeley

{ UNEDITED }

~-~

Hugo and Aria had given Abe and I separate rooms, which I was thankful for since our little moment in the piano room.

Aria had kindly showed me to my room before disappearing without a word. I'm starting to think she really doesn't like me but I suppose I can't fully tell - unlike Abe who can feel others emotions.

And there you go again, talking about your hopeless crush who'd rather snap your neck than be stuck in this mess you. 

After changing into comfortable clothing, of which Aria had let me borrow from her own closet, I slipped into the soft, luxurious bed and fell strait to sleep.

Ok, that's a lie. I might have laid, motionless, for a good hour or two trying to figure out why I had tried to kiss Abe. But thinking back, he DIDN'T pull away and he DID try and kiss me, too. So the blame can't be put totally on me when it was a two person agreement.

Of sorts.

The next morning, I ate breakfast alone and saw no sign of Abe. Hugo had made me a five star meal; Eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, and orange juice. After thanking him kindly, he said he had to be somewhere and left me to my own.

I finished breakfast quickly and cleaned my dishes before putting them back where I saw Hugo take them from.

After that, I wen't back up to my room and haven't moved since. Everywhere in the house, the windows are closed no light can be seen. So I guess I really don't know if I had breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a late night snack. There isn't one freaking clock in sight so it looks like I'm stuck on that one.

I have no clue where I am, what time it is, or where anybody in the house is located, and my ache for adventure has suddenly disappeared leaving me laying in my bed like a motionless corpse. I stare at the ceiling emotionless, my thoughts a jumbled mess and something nagging me at the back of my mind but no clue what it is.

What am I supposed to do now? I'm alone, unsupervised, and--

Hm.....I'm unsupervised.

And then, as if suddenly deciding to make itself known, my ache for adventure and nagging curiosity appears and has me leaping out of bed and exiting my room to go explore.

The long hallway that leads away from my room has various large portraits of people unknown to me, several famous paintings such as Mona Lisa, Girl With The Pearl Earring, The night Watch, Las Meninas, The Blue Boy, Ginevra de' Benci, La Scapigliata, ect...

I run my fingers over a dust-free bench with a vase of flowers among it, the beautiful white roses soft against the pads of my fingers. I examine the soft flower with a small smile on my lips, glancing over and seeing a small rose pod that has yet to bloom.

In a strange, corny way, that unbosomed flower reminds me of myself. Although I don't see myself as ever being as beautiful as something so precious, flower or not. I know I have potential somewhere inside me. I know I can blossom into something good; but what?

I'm like a piece of paper that's been rolled in a ball for years and now that I've tried to fix myself, the crinkles, the marks; they became permanent. I'm no longer white but gray, smudged with sins and mistakes. I'm scarred.

I tear my eyes away from the beautiful rose and begin trekking further down the hall. Most all the halls are the same as everything else; simple but gorgeous.