Catching Snowflakes

~-~

Perfect has never been a word to describe me. My flaws, non-ability to work around arrogant people, and no filter to hold back my sarcastic remarks has landed me into some pretty sticky situations. And though though most of the people that have endured my sarcastic wrath have left, not even giving me a second glance, I some how can not get rid of this tall, dark, brooding enigma.

His mere presence wounds my ability to stay calm, confident, and collected. Why? Well, that's the question, isn't it? Maybe it's the fact that his thousand - more or less - year old self is arrogantly perched on my couch, relaxed and simply at peace, while I'm slaving away in the kitchen, nerve wrecked, anxious and far from calm. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm never this nervous around people - especially men!

Maybe because he's a blood sucking, vampire? No. That can't be the reason. I've gotten over the brittle feeling of what he is and, strangely, I've excepted it. I've excepted him. Now, that doesn't mean I'm going to go around spilling out all my secrets to him but I can at least say we're acquaintances.

Though I can't expect the same for him. He complains about my indecency, my blabber mouth, my tarrible cooking and not-so-graceful walking. He considers us everything but friends. Which bothers me more than it should. I always ignore his complaining; in fact, I find it more amusing than anything, because I know for a fact that my cooking is not as terrible as he rants on about. But one thought that never leaves me head is this: If I'm such a bother, why does he keep coming back to visit me?

It's been a week since the alley accident and my wounds are still barely visible but are hardly painful. I never bothered to ask what he did to make them heel so fast, I don't really care. I'm just grateful for what he did; not that I will ever admit that out loud again. Once is enough.

I wipe the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand, my other hand holding the edge of the sauce pan to keep from burning myself further. I glance up at Abe who looks completely and utterly at peace, one leg crossed over the other, finger tips touching in front of his face as he watches the TV intently, his eyes un-blinking.

I had turned on 'The Big Bang theory' well over an hour ago and the vampire hasn't said a word since, his focus set completely on the amusing show. Although he hasn't laughed or smiled once, I can tell he likes it; which is funny, considering the fact that humans play a huge part in the show. Well, the whole part. Even though he would never admit it, I don't think he hates humans as much as he's led me to believe.

I sigh in exhaustion as I finally finish making my dinner: Spaghetti and Meatballs. I inhale the smell and almost moan at it's heavily cent. I quickly make myself a plate before strutting over and plopping down on to the love seat leaving two feet between Abe and I.

I slowly start to munch on my food as I watch the show, chuckling every and now and then when something funny happens but other than that, the room is silent. I glance over at the clock that reads 10:30pm. I sigh and keep eating, the food slowly starting to disappear from my plate.

I finish my food and take a glance over at Abe, surprised to see him already staring at me. I sit there stupidly, just staring at him before slowly raising an eyebrow. He stares a few more seconds before turning his attention back to the TV, acting as if nothing ever happened. I narrow my eyes at him suspiciously before slowly turning my head back to the TV as well.

"Come." Abe suddenly say's, standing from his seat and than shutting off the TV. I should have never taught him how to do that.

I gape at him, my eyes wide as I stare at him as if he just murdered my puppy. Speaking of my puppy; where is she? The thought is quickly removed as Abe grabs my arms, pulling me to my feet before releasing me and beginning to make his way down the hall. I have to jog to keep up with his long strides.