Blood - part 1

A/N: Ok, so I'm going to try and end this story soon. I know, I know,  I'm sorry but - I just need something new, you know? I'm one of those people that if things start to get a tiny bit boring, I need a new scene. I need something different and more exciting to do, you know? So I'm sorry if things are going to seem a bit rushed from here but I'll try my best to make the ending par-fect-awn! But this is NOT the last chapter, I promise you. Have a greet day!

P.S. I just posted a new story of which I will be continuing after this book is finished. So please, go check that out and I'll start posting chapters soon! xD

-Blakeley

~-~

"Are you sure you've got the right guy?"

"Yes."

"Do you think this plan will work?"

"Positive."

"How do you know for sure?"

"Because I just do."

"Than why--"

"Just shut up!"

"You shut up!"

"Will the both of you shut up!" Aria hisses down at us, her eyes narrowed into slits. "Just stick with the plan, kapeesh? No distractions." She twists her head and cranes her neck over the tree top to try and get a better view.

Three in the morning and I'm stuck inside a tree; cold, wet, and sitting next to a sour faced Abe. Oh, and did I forget to mention that the supposed man that's after Abe is meeting us here? Apparently Aria and Hugo set it up as if they were just going to hand Abe right over to him. And he believed them. Well, at least we think he did.

Could it get any worse?

I better not jinx myself.

"Can we go over the plan one more time?" I whisper.

Abe gives me an exasperated look while Aria sighs dejectedly.

"Your job is to be the bait--"

"Well, I already know that, bu--"

"Shh," She shushes me. "It's simple. Your not doing anything, just standing they're. We'll handle the rest. How can you forget such a simple task?"

"I'm a little freaked out right now, ok? Give me a break. I never ever expected to meet a real life vampire let alone be stuck in a life-or-death situation with one. Well, three technically, but you get it. Can't you guys just - I don't know, sock him with your vampire-y strength and than we can leave?"

"This vampire is smart, smarter than both Hugo and I combined--"

"Gee, thanks, Babe." Mutter's a scowling Hugo but Aria ignores him.

"--It's gong to take a lot more than our physical strength and wits to outsmart him. He's an old vampire, one of the oldest which makes him all the more difficult to defeat. I've met him once before. A stubborn man indeed, hard to bribe and harder to beat. But not impossible." I absorb Aria's words solemnly.

"And this is the same freak who put false blood in a vial to scare me?"

"It wasn't false, but very real. He just tricked you into thinking it was a relative to Abe. And yes, yes it is." Aria say's matter-of-factly. I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. Anyways, how long do we have to wait until he gets here? I'm freezing my royal butt off here!"

Abe snorts - somehow managing to sound attractive while doing so - and gives me a look.