Heart Full Of Hate

A/N: I can't believe how far this story has gotten. Over thirty Chapters? Seriously? Holy smokes!

-Blakeley

~-~

Awkward.

The only word to explain it is awkward.

The only sounds made is the clanking of my fork against my plate every time I take another bite of food and the sipping of drinks coming from the three - I mean four other people. Blondie appears to be nonchalant, happy and perky which makes me want to gag.

Hugo and Aria seem to sense the tension and for the most part stay quiet, only ever making occasional small talk between themselves and sometimes Marla.

Abe sits still as a statue, quiet and unmoving, only ever lifting his hand to take a small sip of his goblet.

I try every other minute to make eye contact but he avoids me all together, not even sparing me a glance when I accidentally dropped my fork, ending in a loud clanging noise that echoed around th entire room. Marla glared at me but I ignored her, my eyes still set on the stubborn male vampire across from me.

"So,' Aria speaks up. "Your feeling better?"

"Yes." Was my curt reply. I don't mean to sound harsh but the mood to talk has left me ever since Abe full out rejected me.

I try to imagine what it would be like if Abe had never been involved in any sort of trouble. Would we have gotten together? Would we have stayed together? Would we get married, have kids, and be a normal family? (excluding the vampire part.)

But I try to ignore those thoughts, seeing as of right now they're to far out there to be thought even possible. Abe doesn't love me, or so he say's, and wants me to leave. I'm confused as to whether or not he's doing this for my sake, to keep me safe and all, or if his words were actually true. That he really doesn't love me.

But the more I ponder on it all, it all just becomes even more confusing.

I finally get tired of being ignored and decide it's best to face the problem head on,

"Abe," I say loudly, catching the attention of the entire table. Marla glares, Aria stares, and Hugo grins encouragingly. He and I had a private mind-chat during the awkward dinner table silence and I told him very few details of our scenario.

"May I speak with you? Please? Alone?" I send him a triumph look, which he returns with a scowl.

Standing up, he nods stiffly and exits the room, not waiting for my tiny legs to catch up before descending the long hall. He only stops once he reaches a large patio on the second level of the house, overlooking the garden and giving a gorgeous view of the multicolored sky.

"I'm done with your ignoring me." I say after a long silence. "We've slept, we've eaten, we've given each other space, and it's time to talk." I say. I've given him the entire day to think and, in my opinion, that's plenty of enough time to make up your mind whether you live someone.

...Right?

"There's nothing to talk about. What I said was the truth and--"

"Bull crap." I seethe. "Complete and utter bull crap is the only thing coming our of your mouth. I know when your lying, you leech. I know you better than you think."

"Good go - what is it going to take for you to drop this? To let it go and just leave!"

I scoff. "A lot more than some stupid insult and a mouthful of words, I'll tell you that. I'm stubborn, you know that. And I'm not leaving. Period."