To The Moon And Back

A/N: ARE YOU READY FOR ANOTHER CHAPTER? ARE YOU EXCITED? ARE YOU PUMPED? ARE YOU?! Ok, sorry just wanted to try out the whole 'drill-sargent' thing. Ok, I'm done.

-Blakeley.

{ UNEDITED }

~-~

{ SIX MONTHS LATER }

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be back in time for your little dinner party, don't worry." I roll my eyes at my frantic sister who's been running around the house like a mad-woman for the past two hours, screaming and yelling while trying to make everything look perfect.

Apparently Mchaels's boss, and a few added people, were coming over for dinner and from what Jane tells me, these people are picky, proud, and precise. So if anything was out of place, dirty, or under a few grand, it was dirt beneath they're feet.

So instead of having it here at the family's homey cottage, I think Jane should have bought them to a five-star hotel.

But I'm no expert.

"You'd better be."

"Why are you even freaking out? The dinner isn't even until tonight."

She scoffs and slaps my shoulder--rather roughly may I add--and scowls at me.

"It has to be perfect. No mistakes. These people are important and I want to make a good impression. So, I'm cleaning early which gives me enough time to make adjustments later."

"Mom! Why do I have to wear this?" Complains Bruno, a cute frown on his little face. Bruno's brown hair is tousled and messy, sticking out every which way and his Pj's are wrinkled. In his hands is a small suit consisting of black slack, a baby blue button up shirt and a black bow-tie with a matching vest.

Although I think the suit would look adorable on him, I don't voice my opinion seeing as I like watching them argue too much.

"Because, dear. It will look great on you and will impress our visitors."

Bruno groans and throws his little eight year old head back.

"But mom!" He complains loudly.

"Bruno, hush. I'm not arguing over the matter any longer. Now, off to your room before I change my mind and make you wear pink instead."

Bruno scowl before stomping out of the room, the slamming of his door echoing not too long after.

Jane huffs and plants her fists on her hips.

"Children," She mutters.

 I snort in amusement before bidding Jane goodbye with a small hug and a kiss on the cheek. Exiting the house, I inhale the fresh air as it blows my newly cut hair around my face. It's gotten longer since I first cut it which was a month after I left Abe, so now it reaches just above my breasts.

Although I miss the length, I knew I needed a change. After visiting my home town and realizing that I had not only lost my job but my apartment also, I decided to leave everything in that little town behind a start a new.

I don't think I could go back to living in that small little building anyways. Not because of space issues, but because of the memory's. There's too many of them, all including Abe and a long history of the past. I needed a fresh start, and although living in my sister's cramped spare bedroom wasn't at the top of the list, it works.

But surprisingly, I enjoy the company. Ever since I can remember I preferred being alone, but now it seems as if I always want someone around just so I don't feel alone - so I don't feel like I used to. Maybe it's for inner reassurance, I'm not sure. But whatever it is, I don't mind.