Pain of The Past

A/N: I cannot thank you all enough for all the votes, comments, and just your support in general. This chapter is dedicated to fandomgirl-808 for complimenting on my writing and supporting me on this story. Thank you all, and I hope everyone has a smashing day!

P.S. I recommend listening to 'Say Something' by- A Great Big World Featuring Christina Aguilera as you read this chapter. This song I think fits the demeanor of this chapter very well. Don't forget to vote and comment! <3

P.P.S. Also, I'm going to go back and re-name the chapters. So instead of it just being 'Define Desire: Chapter so-and-so, I'm going to have an actual name for it. Idk know how long or when I'll make these changes, but it will be done before the book is finished. cx

-Blakeley

~-~

"Nicole, give it!"

"No."

"Yes! Now, give it to me!"

"Nope."

"Nicole..."

"Ah-no."

"I'm serious!"

"So am I."

Abe growls lowly in annoyance, his face starting to turn red in proof of his anger. I simply roll my eyes and lean back in my chair casually. Abe has been bugging me for the last ten minutes to hand over his ring.

Yes you heard me, ring.

I'd never noticed his ring (to my own stupidity), and so when I had finally noticed the shiny silver around his finger with a ruby crest in the middle, I had to investigate. I was able to slip it off his finger before he could stop me and try it on myself but ever since then he wouldn't leave me alone about it.

"Nicole, I'm dead serious. Hand it over. Now." I narrow my eyes at his angered face and sigh dramatically.

Flipping over my hand to examine my pointer finger, of which is way to small for the giant ring, I cock my head to the side.

"What's so special about it anyway?" I ask, generally curious as to why Abe got so fired up about a simple - but gorgeous - piece of silver.

Abe swipes the ring from my grasp as I begin to roll it between my fingers and I snort. I sit up in my seat and watch as he easily slides the ruby ring back onto his right hands ring finger.

"It is an ancient ruby crystal that is not to be played with. It's priceless." He chastises me. I roll my eyes and stand up. Walking lazily, I face plant on to the soft bed that is called my own as for now.

"Whatever." I grumble, my voice muffled from the fabric beneath me.

"Why so interested?' He asks.

"Why so many questions?" is my quick reply.

I can practically see Abe roll his eyes at me as he scoffs.

My fiery hair is gently pulled to the side before light pressure is placed against the back of my neck making me stiffen. Abe crawls so he's hovering over me as I lay on my stomach and begins placing small, short kisses along the back of my neck all the way across my shoulder blade and back.

"Stop it, that tickles." I say as he blows lightly against my neck.

"No." He say's stubbornly making me scoff, but again, being muffled by the comforter below me.

"Abe." I warn as he begins tracing my sides with his hands.

"Yes?" He say's innocently. I try to flip myself over but Abe presses myself so I'm trapped beneath him.