Good Impressions

~-~

"Hello?"

I take a deep breath and choose my words carefully, wanting to sound as professional as possible.

"Hello, Ma'am, This is Nicole. from the bakery?" I speak with confidence even though I'm a nervous wreck on the inside.

"Oh, Hello, Dear! How are you doing?" Regina asks kindly.

I clear my throat and nervously play with the edge of my shirt.

"I'm doing fine, thank you! And how are you?" I ask.

She sighs sounding not any more rested or less-exhausted than the other day.

"Well, I'm tired," She say's laughing. "But I'm doing much better now that you've called. So here is my plan," She goes on in telling me about when and where we need to meet and that she will explain every detail to me in person.

"Meet me at, lets say.....6:00-6:30ish?" She asks.

"Sure thing! See you then!" I answer happily.

"See you then, deary," She say's before hanging up.

I calmly set the phone down as I stare at myself in the bathroom mirror; thinking how in the world did I get this lucky? Well, besides the fact that I'm being stalked by a vampire.

Speaking of that butt-kissing idiot, I haven't seen him since our last little.....encounter, which was over 24 hours ago.

Truthfully speaking, I'm beyond glad he hasn't made an appearance.

I don't really know what I'd say to him. I mean, he almost killed me! I'm pretty freaking angry. Who wouldn't be? No one. That's who.

But bringing my thoughts back to my former conversation, I fight back the huge grin that try's to make itself present on my face.

After staring in the mirror, non-nlinking for about 15 minutes, everything finally sets in.

I stay still for about five more seconds before a loud, a high-pitched squeal escapes from my mouth as I jump up in down in front of my mirror looking a unicorn on crack.

"Woman, tame your violent noises!" A voice booms from beside me inside my bedroom.

Letting out a scared squeal, I swing myself around so I'm facing the rude imposter.

Standing they're in all his god-like glory is - you guessed it - butt-kissing Abe.

Groaning loudly, I send him a scowl before slamming my bathroom door shut, successfully blocking him from view and leaving me in my own little world to squeal and jump around about my soon-to-come new job.

Several loud squeals and huge jumps later, I come strutting out of the bathroom looking calm and collected to face the uninvited guest.

"I'm sorry, but I don't remember inviting you into my home." Is say tapping my chin in fake thought as I try to remember when I could have ever given him the impression that I wanted him to return.

Abe sends me a very un-amused look before pushing off the wall where he was once just leaning against casually.

"I'm sorry, but I don't remember ever needing your permission," He say's sending me a sarcastic smile.

I cross my arms and stick my hip out while sending him a look of both boredom and annoyance.

"Sorry to break it to you, Sunshine, but your in the human world now. You don't get to just walk into someones house and expect to be welcomed with open arms. In fact, a good kick in the butt seems fitting for your ignorance," I say while returning his sarcastic grin.