Rejection

A/N: Alright, in case you all haven't noticed, I just finished re-naming all the chapters! And also I wanted to ask, and have your true, honest opinion, have I improved at all throughout this book? Has my writing, punctuation, and all that jazz improved? If so, please let me know! Thank you all, your the best, and enjoy!

-Blakeley

~-~

I. hate. her.

"I've always loved his nose."

Well, It's mine, so paws off.

"Has he gotten more muscular?"

That's also mine.

"No, maybe it's his hair. Yes, that's it. It's gotten longer, hasn't it?"

I swear if you lay one more finger on him, I'll tie you to the flag pole at noon and let you die slowly, painfully, and take pleasure in your pain-filled screams.

"What are you looking at?" Blondie snaps, her eyes narrowed on - you guessed it - me.

I grin without humor.

"Oh, nothing. Just watching your hands run all over my unconscious boyfriends chest is all. Say, where did you get those press-on's? Been flee-marketing again?" I smile sweetly while the chic vampire looks mortified.

"What-what, no! Absolutely not! These are high-class, four star ombre dillards! How dare you insult them - and me?" She fumes.

I'll punch you with my four star fist, you blonde leech.

I pull a strained smile on to my lips and look away, not bothering to answer.

"Can I have some time alone with him?" I ask Blondie with as much sweetness as possible.

She glares and I hold back the urge to actually punch her like my thoughts suggested.

"Please?" I grit, grinding my teeth together.

She opens her mouth to reject my request, and no doubt insult me while she's at it, but Hugo buts in just in time.

"Marla, I think it's time you've fed. I've got some fresh delivery's in the kitchen." He say's, motioning with his hand down the hall.

She 'humphs' but stands reluctantly, sending me one more withering glare before disappearing behind the doors corner. I send a grateful smile to Hugo, who sends me a wink back, before he too disappears, shutting the door behind is bulky figure.

I sigh and turn my head so I'm staring at Abe's flawless, porcelain face. I lean back in my chair, thinking. Marla finished Abe's healing over an hour ago but still refused to leave, saying she proffered to stay until he'd woken up.

I, of course, shunned the idea immediately, but to no use as the blonde vampire totally ignored my outraged complaints and began to touch Abe all over again, pouring more fuel to the fire.

I nearly ripped her perfect blonde locks from her scalp had it not been for Aria who offered all of us tea before anything could happen.

Only a while after that did I ask how Abe hadn't been able to heal himself, considering one of his gifts was healing, but Hugo said the poison had spread to far throughout his body and it couldn't find the energy to help him.

It makes since, so id didn't bother argue. After what seemed like ages, Marla took her hands of Abe and began making conversation with everyone - besides me, of course. But I didn't mind. She's annoying and if she did, for some miracle, try and talk to me I probably would have shot her.