Blood Sacrifice

(A/N) Again, I apologize for the short chpater but it's a best as I can do right now. Enjoy!

[ UNEDITED ]

~-~

The world is blurry, my minds in a haze and my lips refuse to move. Every limb, every muscle, and every joint aches and burns. My eyes burn and my toes and fingers twitch.

My eyes clamp shut, so tight that I can't get them to reopen. My body begins to burn worse, like a flame was lit upon on it. My eye sting with tears of agony, my body stiffens but can't move from the lack of energy.

My body begins to sweat buckets and my hair feels as if it's floating in the air, gravitating above the surface.

But that could just be my mind playing tricks on me.

And then it all stops; my hair feels heavy among my head, my eyes, body, and lips are finally able to move and I inhale a huge amount of air, sucking it in like a vacuum.

I jerk up right and into a sitting position, my eyes wide and sweat dripping from my forehead. My hands grip silk sheets beneath my fingers, my palms sweaty and gross.

My eyes glance around the familiar room and instantly my body slowly starts to relax as they roam over familiar black and red designs. My muscles aching has deceased and my body doesn't feel as if it's been burned any more. I slowly twist my head to stare at the crouching figure beside the bed.

"How are you feeling?" His voice is low and he doesn't lift his head as he asks. His hands are fisted together and his chin rests on top of them, his head looking down and his hair covering his eyes.

"Abe?" I ask, my voice surprisingly smooth and...normal. No scratchy, croaky sound escapes my lips but my own, normal voice.

"How are you feeling?" He repeats, his voice firm but gentle at the same time.

I twist my wrists and stretch my body, a couple cracks echoing from my back before twisting my neck around and hearing a few more 'pops'.

"M'fine.." I mumble while rubbing my eyes and yawning.

Suddenly, all the events from earlier hit me full force and I sit stiff as a statue among Abe's plush bed.

Red eyes.

Abe's fury.

Me hitting the wall.

L.A.

Someone saving me.

"Abe?" I mumble, my eyes staring strait ahead. I get a soft mumble in reply.

"Did you....did you come back for me?" I ask, my voice low and nervous. And suddenly, a sharp wave of guilt hits me.

I should have told him sooner. I shouldn't have put it off so long. Gosh, I'm so stupid - what was I thinking?

"Oh my - Abe, I'm so, so sorry! I should have told you sooner, I just....I-I was nervous, I didn't want them to hurt you - whoever they are - and I just...I don't know, I-I panicked!" I start rambling on, knowing far well that he deserves my apology. It was his relatives blood for goodness sake's! I should have given it the minute I got it.

Abe finally looks up and I stifle a gasp, my eyes wide as I stare at his appearance. His eyes are red and bloodshot, dull and tired looking. Dark bags hang beneath his exhausted eyes, his face is sunken in a little and he looks paler than normal - and that's saying something.