Mansion

~-~

Two hours.

It's been two hours since Abe disappeared and left me sitting on top of the counter to fend for myself.

What if someone came and attacked me? What if I was eaten alive but another vampire who doesn't like humans? What if Abe left me and is never coming back? What if he changed his mind and left me to die? What if-

Or maybe you should quit being dramatic and stop over thinking things, I snap at myself.

Sighing, I glare at the far wall, hoping that some way some how Abe would just appear like he always tended to do when I was back at my apartment.

But as I sit here for another 30 seconds, nothing happens and Abe has yet to arrive.

Why on this great and holy earth did he leave me alone? Why? Seriously, I could die and would he know? No! Of course not! Because he's mother knows where probably having the time of his life while I'm practically dying out of boredom in this....this....death chamber!

Groaning, I throw my head back and let out a yelp of pain, completely forgetting for a second that I'm still sore.

Slowly, I ease myself down onto the bed and close my eyes, wishing sleep would overtake me and make time go faster.

But being myself and with such great luck, sleep never comes and I'm stuck sitting in a boring room with nothing to do. Not even a TV.

This is Abe, of course there's no TV.

My eyes spring open as an idea pops into my mind.

It's a stupid Idea, I know.

He'll kill you if he finds out, I know this.

Don't do it, I think I will.

Your foolish, I also know this.

After my inner argument, I quickly make up my mind before getting up and making my way to the door that I have yet to use.

Twisting the handle, I'm relieved to find it not locked.

This is how a horror movie starts out, don't remind me.

Looking both ways, I slowly step out of the room, quietly shutting the door behind me and start making my way down the hall to the right.

This is where you start hearing noises, shut up!

Turning down another hall, I creek comes from behind me making me jump and glance over my shoulder. Seeing nothing, I continue down the hall until I reach yet another hallway.

I go down another three more halls, up a staircase and onto a higher floor before I reach a large door.

Geez, how rich is he? His house is huge!

A large, oak wood frame towers above me with small designs running over the sides and around the gold handle that sits there, taunting me.

Open it, I thought you said this was a bad idea?

I don't care. Now I'm curious. Open it, Bipolar much?

Sighing, I slowly reach out, grasping the ice-cold door handle and twisting it until I hear the expectant 'Click!'.

I don't know what I was expecting when I opened the door but it certainly wasn't this.

Cream colored tile flooring, tall pillars that reach the roof, cream walls with gold interior and a long, large staircase.