》19 [Part Two]

My fingers felt numb as I swallowed the last bit of amber liquid

My fingers felt numb as I swallowed the last bit of amber liquid. It runs down the insides of my body, slipping into the parts of me that made me forget. The bartender locked up the bar and left me alone. I lied and said I would've only been two more minutes but I've been drinking by myself in the dark for the past hour.

Now, the bottle was empty and I was completely wasted. It took a lot to get a werewolf drunk, I don't know what am I right now. But the alcohol definitely helped my mental state. I hear the door opening and I don't bother to turn around. The part of me that protected myself was also wasted.

"Oh, I wasn't expecting someone to be in here," a voice chuckled and I listened to the bottom of the shoes satisfyingly walking closer until the man was sitting beside me. "Well, surprise," I mumbled and kept my eyes on the empty glass. There were a few more drops inside of the bottle, was I that desperate?

"You're too pretty to be drinking alone, darling."

His voice sort of reminded me of Evander, no idea why. "Men who say shit like that only think with their dicks," I bluntly said and finally turned, studying the man fully for the first time. A smirk tugged his lips and he looks at me with amusement. "I like you," he stated with a laugh and I rolled my eyes. My hand wrapped around the neck of the bottle and I threw my head back, taking the half of a sip left inside of the bottle.

"Not available, honey," I snickered and attempted to gracefully slide off the barstool, however, I tripped on the length of my dress. The man's reflexes were to wrap his hand around my waist to save me from the fall. Once I was balanced on the ground and the spinning stopped, I placed the palms of my hands on his chest and pushed him away gently.

"Thank you," I whispered with a soft smile. He nods his head, his hand raising to gently hook the loose strands of hair behind my ear. "Your mate must be very lucky," he grins. My eyes rolled automatically which made his eyebrows lower in suspension. Great, I came here to stop thinking about Evander. Mission failed. "Trouble in paradise?" He wonders.

"I have to go...it was nice meeting you," I plastered a fake smile across my face and attempted to leave but his hand returns around my waist. My jaw clenched as I looked at him, ready to breaks his hand into four and shove it down his throat. "Let me take you to your room, it doesn't seem safe," the man requested.

"Get your fucking hands off of me," I spat, my hands forcefully removing his hands off of my body. As expected, he didn't like my answer and the anger becomes obvious on his face. "Bitch," he growls below his breath and I pushed the stool back, trying to escape from him. This stirs White and she was ready to kill him. "You don't get to escape so easily," the man's jaw clenched and he stops my hand that was about to punch him.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed at the man, White pushing through the surface and he could tell by the glowing colors of my eyes. His tight hands wrapped around my wrists and he tugs my body forward. My head was ready to knock into his and my knee was ready to crotch him.

"Did she stutter?"

My head snapped in the direction of the entrance where Evander stood and immediate relief flooded through my veins. "Evander," His name rolled from his lips so easily. He wasn't surprised one bit. The man's body relaxed and I finally shoved him away. His eyes returned to mine, they glowed with green eyes and he looks as if he's about to attack again. Currently, the empty bottle of rum was begging me to crack it against his skull. "Don't even think about it," Evander growled, his hands already rolled into fists and the man turns back to the alpha.

"You're always no fun! I've been wanting some action for a few weeks since you made my wolfies go poof and I was hoping this one can bring pretty Prince William out to play," the man huffed, the wickedness twinkling in his eyes. My lips were smacked shut and I kept walking backward until Evander was close enough to protect my body with his.

"You're not touching a hair on Rieka's head. I've been waiting for you, Z," Evander warns, the deathly tone of his voice made a shiver slide down my back. My mind goes back to what he said previously. What does he mean by since he made his wolves go poof?

"Haven't you had enough of me? You take away everything of mine brother," The man fakes his sadness, his head tilting to the side. Evander shakes his head and steps closer. "No. You're weak and pathetic now without your little army that I happily destroyed. And before you say that you're still ruling the rogues, I know you're not behind that. I did my research this time, baby brother," Evander happily says.

There it is again, Brother.

"Who the bloody hell are you?" I blurted out and stepped away from Evander. My eyes locked on the man again and I began to notice the few physical aspects that made them similar. The man smirked, the shadows of his features on his made him more intimidating and scary. "Rieka, can you leave please?" Evander requested, my eyes hesitated when they landed on his pleading ones.

My lips parted to disagree when Evander's...brother? -beat me to it. "No! We were having so much fun!" the man pouted, this was all a joke to him. "Ziekel, shut the fuck up," Evander growled.

Ziekel.

"Protective over the little doctor, Evie? Are you afraid I break her?" Ziekel taunted, his words making no sense to me. "You're not fucking touching her!" Evander growls. Ziekel's laugh fades out as the wheels in his brain turned. "I don't understand what your deal is," he stated.

My hand touched Evander's arm and his body stiffened under my touch. What made me do that? "Get back," he whispered, his voice staggering a bit. "Holy shit," Ziekel's face paled, he stood there dumbfounded. His once furrowed eyebrows shot up in surprise and the line on his face tugged into an evil grin.

"She's you're mate."

Only a second after the words slipped off his tongue, Evander launched forward, one hand ringing into the other for balance while the other punched his jaw. Ziekel's skin rippled from the impact only to reveal the small gash above his jaw. "You bastard!" Ziekel screamed and launched his body forward, pushing Evander's back into the corner of the nearest table. That had to hurt but Evander doesn't even wince in pain, he takes control of Ziekel and weakened his body with his heavy fist until blood and bruised skin covered his knuckles.

"Are you going to give me an easy death, brother? I didn't think you had it in you," Ziekel chuckled through the pain, revealing his line of bloody teeth. Evander let out a growl and punched the side of his face harder than his previous ones. Ziekel's body failed and Evander drops him to the ground. He's a werewolf, it isn't long until he regains consciousness.

Evander's eyes met mine and the heavy ball in my throat was hard to swallow. "He's your brother...the rogues," I gathered. Evander nods his head, his eyes roaming my face before settling on my eyes. "He's my brother and yes Vison knows. We all have that one member of the family that's a bit off their hinges," Evander whispered.

"Fuck..." Evander whispers and his fingers ran through his hair. "What happened?" I asked. Evander looks at me again with a look of defeat. "His mate tried to kill my mother and I killed her. I didn't mean to actually kill her but that unraveled Ziekel right away. He left the pack and looked for his perfect way to kill me. The rogues...but then suddenly it wasn't all about me anymore. Innocent mundanes, vampires, and werewolves died under his hands and his command. I'm surprised I got him so easily, though I have to take advantage of it," Evander uncovered.

"Oh..." was the only thing I could've said while my tipsy brain absorbed his information. Without another word said I turned and walked away though I gave Evander several opportunities to pull me back but he doesn't. There was no reason to but I wanted him to call me back.

__________

If you're still reading thank you so much, I've got a lot forward and I know this book is messy...some of it doesn't make sense but thank you so much for reading. I hope Ruthless Deception isn't that bad. ♡