》23

When we arrived at the familiar club that Mikey works at, it was shocking how empty the parking lot was or how free inside the club felt

When we arrived at the familiar club that Mikey works at, it was shocking how empty the parking lot was or how free inside the club felt. I shouldn't have been surprised when I say Evander exit the car with Brandon and Kira. Part of me hopes I didn't have to deal with him again tonight. "I'm gonna wash my hands," I tell Renee. She nods before I walked off into the bathroom. Still, I couldn't help but be shocked that the bathroom was this clean.

We should book clubs for ourselves more often.

I didn't know what was wrong with me tonight, I felt on edge. There was a gut feeling inside of me that something terrible was going to happen. I think so, I couldn't put a finger on what it was exactly. I had an urge to wash my face with the cold running water but that would ruin my makeup so I hold myself back. Instead, I washed my hands and dried them before walking out.

"Rieka." Unexpectedly, Evander was leaning against the wall next to the bathroom door and pushed himself off it when he saw me exit. "Hi?" I confusingly say. His feet step closer to me until our shoes were touching. One wrong move and I would be fully pressed against him. That thought alone was enough for my heart to accelerate.

Evander and I just stared at each other and I ached to feel his hands on my hips or my back. Suddenly, he leans in and whispered," You know you look absolutely beautiful tonight, right?" My hand focused on his finger that was barely brushing my skin as his hand trail down between my breasts and down my stomach. "Evander," I call out for him. That simple touch had me picturing dirty things. "I'm supposed to be mad at you," I sucked in breath harshly. My hands were itching me to touch him. "I know, but I can't help myself," he whispered before leaving a petal-soft kiss under my earlobe. "E-Ev," my voice was shaky and I finally gave in to the urge and placed my hand on his chest.

"What the hell is going on here?" We both pounce apart and stared at the man standing in front of us. My heart was beating against my chest, my skin craving more of his touch, and my mind was still fogged.

"William," I finally acknowledged him. William was clearly angry and had no problem showing it since his hands were rolled into fists and his eyes were hooded with only anger racing through them. "It's not what it looks like," I blurted out only to cringe at the cliche line. "You have a fricking mate!" He shouts at Evander, thrusting his arm into his jaw. "What the hell are you doing with Rieka?" He added, about to punch him again until I stepped between them.

"Is one not good enough?" His eyes narrowed at Evander who just stood there with no expressions on his face. "You need to calm down, you have no idea what you just saw," I suggested even though it was probably exactly what he just saw. "What I just saw? You're a fricken whore, Rieka," he scoffed. Evander growled I turn slightly to see his eyes had golden specks and his knuckles were turning white. I placed my hand on his chest, pushing him back from attacking. "Get out of here, William!" I demanded, pointing to the end of the hallway where the bar and dancefloor began. "Unfreakingbelievable," he mumbled before turning around and walking away.

"Calm down, he's gone," I softly whispered to Evander. His eyes never left mine as the golden specks left and his dark chocolate eyes returned. "I-I'm sorry," he apologized. I sighed, looking at the wall behind us before turning my eyes back to him. "It's alright," I softly smiled before looking back to where the party was.

"We should head in there," I mumbled. Evander's eyes never left mine and I felt warm and safe but this was the same man who rejected me. I couldn't let him get away with that so easily. So without another say, I turn around and walk into the club. To my right were a table filled with shot glasses and I grinned before picking two of them up.

I need a bloody drink.

I shot the liquor down my throat and did two more before stopping. My head was slightly buzzed after doing the four shots. "What the actual fuck?" I hear Mikey screamed. My eyes widened and I noticed he wasn't behind the bar where he was usually located. I bolted to the circle where everyone was forming. I pushed past Renee to get to Mikey who screamed anger. I've never seen this gentle and sweet boy so angry. He has sweat beads running down his forehead, his fists were turning white over how hard he was holding them and only anger was racing through his eyes.

"What's going on?" I asked. The music was cut and everyone was looking at Mikey and Iris who stood opposite him with watery eyes. "Mikey?" I placed my hand on his bicep, hoping to get his attention. "Rieka," his head snapped in my direction. "Turns out my mate has already been marked and fucked by another male," he scoffed. I winced at his harsh tone and language. "I can explain," Iris grabbed onto his arm and I dropped mine out of complete shock. Iris and Mikey are mated? I stumbled back, not expecting that at all. That's mind-blowing and completely unbelievable. Mikey's eyes softened as they stared at each other. She managed to calm him down, placing her hand on his cheek. My eyes landed on her chest and I almost gasped when I saw her mark fading away now that she has met her real mate.

If Mikey finds out that it was Evander who marked his mate all hell would break loose and I don't want to wonder who would win. Although it would be Evander, I can't let them both get hurt. I turn around and grabbed Brandon's hand. "Get Evander out of here," I ordered him. Kira who was also listening to me, nodded. Both of them laced their hands and walked away on their search for Evander. "But that doesn't make any sense, you're Evander's mate," my eyes widened at William.

Mikey growled, his eyes growing dark blue as his wolf continued to hammer out. His eyes were looking around the room, probably searching for the man called Evander. "Look at me," Iris whispered, grabbing his jaw and he relaxed under her touch. His eyes softened and returned to the ones I loved so much. "I can explain everything but I need us to get out of here," she begged, her eyes watering. Mikey searched her face as he studied her expressions before finally nodding. They both looked around them, to us watching before Mikey pulled them to the exit. William growled, ready to pounce but Renee and Ethan held him back.

"You lied to everyone! You can be killed for that, both of you!" Jayden screamed as they walked to the exit, leaving the club behind with its customers inside. Mikey tenses at this but they both kept walking. "Nobody mention this, we will wait for an explanation and if not we will demand one from Alpha Evander and Iris," Renee was the first to speak. I felt like I wasn't even here. I was happy that they got Evander out of here but I couldn't wrap my head around Mikey and Iris being mates.

How crazy and ironic is that?

How can that be just a coincidence? But that's what it was, nothing but a coincidence.

•••

Boom.

Bomb dropped.

Minds blown.

How are we feeling? I'm really excited and anxious to know what you guys think of this chapter. So please don't be a silent reader:)

Anyway, I hope you liked it :)))