》1

My heart continued to pound in my ribcage as if it was threatening to burst through

My heart continued to pound in my ribcage as if it was threatening to burst through. I quickly changed into the disposed of shorts and hoodie before emerging from behind the huge tree. Jayden, my younger brother, by only one year, was already waiting for me. He always changes faster because he doesn't change into a shirt. "That was intense," I breathlessly stated to Jayden, referring to our morning hunt.

He eyed me weirdly as I chugged down the remainder of the water in the bottle. "What?" I asked defensively and began to walk back to the castle. "You know you don't always have to do that right?" Jayden pointed out referring to after every shift I always drink a lot of water. I rolled my eyes," My skin doesn't remain this clear for no reason," I retorted. Boys just wouldn't understand.

"You're so dramatic, Ri," he sighed and I felt the need to tap him. Unfortunately, he is tall as a giant. Not literally but I am the shorter sibling. A frown tugged my lips when I saw the castle. It isn't the same without my father and the king present.

The main warriors, the beta, and the alpha king all went to the GoldenCove pack to assist with the rogue attack. It had everyone on the edges of their seats because of how major this was the attack was. And they said that rogues are stupid? They're dangerous to cross paths with. But that's nothing our trained werewolves can't handle right? But when you hear your king and father went into battle with silver, the only thing that can kill them, it changes your mind.

I hope they're safe.

"They'll be back soon, don't worry," Jayden comfortingly put his arms around my shoulder as we walked into the castle. "Hey mom," Jayden and I say at the same time. Mom has also been stressed because she is worried about her mate. She hasn't been sleeping well in the past three days since he was gone. "Any updates from dad?" I hesitantly asked. It was supposed to be over by now.

"We won," my mother softly said. My mother was considered to be a splitting image of me beside her long black hair. We both had dark eyes that would seem transparent in the sun with a small figure. I wasn't always this pretty, I had rough curves that nobody liked so I worked out more often. Now I'm more confident in who I am.

My mother had me when she was fifteen to a man who wasn't her mate and died before I was born by my mother's mate. I didn't react well when Joseph told me he killed my actual father but I soon got over it. The only thing I have left of my father was his silver ring that he wore and I wear as a pendant on a chain all the time besides when I'm about to go on a run. I still consider Joseph my actual father because he is the man who raised me and played the role of my father.

My eyes lit up after hearing the good news. "Alpha Evander is badly hurt and so is his beta," she informed me. Ah, the ruthless and powerful alpha. I know that name was supposed to scare me but even if I ever meet the Alpha one day, I'll make sure to not cross his bad side. I've heard about the terrible and merciless deaths that are under his name. "Your father and King Vison are alright," she says and a wake of relief flood through my body. It can't get better than that. "When will they be home?" Jayden asked.

"Tomorrow," she answered with a widespread smile.

It just got better.

•••

This is just the first chapter so things wouldn't be perfect. The chapters do get longer as the story progresses so hang in there:)