》20

"What the bloody hell do you want!" I scream at the person pounding at my door

"What the bloody hell do you want!" I scream at the person pounding at my door. "Kira and Renee if that's you I swear I'll lock you in the morgue!" I threatened, trying to get comfortable in my bed but it just wasn't happening. Not with them pounding at the door. Just like before, the knocking continued and continued until I flew off the bed ready to pounce at the person behind it. "You're going to die tod-" my words were cut off when I was met with gorgeous and soft eyes," Mikey."

I was shocked to see Mikey standing here at the castle in front of my room. The place he should never be for his safety. "Get in," I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him in, watching left and right to make sure the hallway was empty before shutting the door. "Relax, they're all gone for the day to do stuff for the coronation so Renee helped me get here," he explained, walking around my room and looking at the pictures and items I had laying around.

Evander and I took separate flights home. I didn't know what to think now. What happened was so overwhelming, so much happened and I didn't accept it fully. Especially, now that I was one hundred perfect sober. Sleeping became a problem because Evander wouldn't leave my head.

Now after those rough days, Mikey was standing in my bedroom.

"That's amazing," I smiled, falling back on my bed and Mikey followed, sitting on the edge. "I'm sorry if I haven't called, I was worried about my speech and-" I didn't know what else to say so thankfully he cut me off," it's okay. I needed to see you and make sure you were good," he grinned looking at his hands.

"Yeah, I am..."

"So did you make out with any cute boys?" He wiggled his eyebrows and I flopped down on the bed, remembering the whole thing. "I was trying to forget about that," I groaned, not realizing who I was actually speaking to. "You did?" He whispered, his face showing me he was actually hurt. "Shit, Mikey...I didn't know if we were you know...exclusive," I rushed over to his side, hoping he would see where I was coming from. I was feeling guilty and terrible as if I cheated on someone but we weren't together. We were simply a one night stand between friends. "I get it, no worries but I think we should spend more time before putting a label, yeah?" He suggested and I nodded, reaching up to kiss his cheek. "Deal," I grinned as a wave of relief hit me again.

"Stay here while I shower and then we'll go downstairs," I ordered him while I grabbed my towel and random pieces of clothes. "Sure thing," I hear him lay back down on the bed before I shut the bathroom door locked.

After brushing my teeth and showering, I wiggled into sweatpants and a cropped top before opening the door. Mikey looked up from his phone and slowly looked down my body, biting his lip in the process. "Come on," I innocently smiled as I dropped my towel on the bed, lacing our fingers and pulling us out of the room. "There they are!" Renee cheered as we walked into the kitchen. Jayden, William, Brandon, Kira, and Renee were all in the middle of a conversation when we walked in. "If you two say anything I'll chop your sacks off myself," I threatened William and Jayden.

"Got it," William smiled sarcastically before walking out of the kitchen with an apple in his hand. "You still haven't spoken to him?" Jayden groaned and I shook my head, remembering William and I's fight. "Something happened between Rieka and the prince?" Kira assumed in disbelief. "Our friendship was toxic and we decided to just be a prince and whatever the hell I am," I sighed, leaning onto the counter. Jayden and I were very close to Renee and William. We all were close with each other individually but it wasn't working out with William and I's friendship as we grew older. "You okay?" Mikey appeared in front of me as he wrapped his hand loosely around my waist. "Of course," I plastered a smile on my face.

"Who's this?" My body froze as Evander used his alpha voice behind us. Seeing Evander standing here was weird. I know we needed to speak about his brother. Now that I'm sober fully I had so many questions that deserved an explanation. However, Mikey is here. The guy that always treated me right.

Mikey dropped his hands around my waist and I turned around so we both were leaning on the countertop. "This is Mikey, Mikey this is Alpha Evander Rowan but I'm sure you probably already knew that," I didn't mean to be sassy or rude with my tone or attitude but it all was dedicated towards Evander. The stare that Evander was looking at Mikey would have sent shivers down my back. He was trying to intimidate Mikey.

"Yes I do, I don't know if I should be scared or honored," Mikey joked softly. "I'll go with the first one," Evander replied coldly showing no emotion but tilted his head slightly as he studied Mikey. "Evander," I warned only for him to glare at me before settling his eyes back on Mikey. "Evander, please lay off the poor lad," Brandon suggested before I can even say anything. "I wasn't going to do anything, you think so little of me, Brandon," Evander sighed, rolling his eyes as he moved around the kitchen. "Well, you do have a record," Kira mumbled. Evander gazed at her harshly, much more different than the playful and calm one he used on Brandon.

"What are you talking about?" He innocently asked Kira and I scoffed. "Let's just buy some breakfast and head into town for the day," I grabbed Mikey's hand and pulled him away from them. "Okay, but why are we going back upstairs?" He asked confused. "Do you expect me to go with sweatpants? I'll look like a soaked rat compared to you," I scoffed as we walked into my room and I immediately went into my closet to find my black jeans and black flannel to wear over the read crop top I was already wearing.

"You went from cute and beautiful to sexy and hot, how did you do that?" Mikey asked as his eyes raked down my body. I grinned, throwing my arms over his shoulders before connecting our lips for the first time in a long while.

"Magic," I grinned in the kiss as he kissed me harder.

•••

Well, finally this happened:) how are we feeling?