》15

The blue flower

The blue flower.

There was another one on the pillow of my bed, more obvious than the last. Evander never takes anything or moves anything, he simply leaves a flower. I left it on the pillow, not having it in me to move it before getting ready. Lastly, I tugged my hair into a ponytail before descending the staircase.

"Good morning," I announced my entrance into the breakfast hall and a few mumbled back a lazy response. I didn't realize that Mikey left a visible hickey on my neck but thankfully it was nothing foundation couldn't hideaway. Today I had to leave for the black mist pack. "Hey, Jay you wanna be my date for that doctor conference thing?" I asked my brother. Guilt flashed through his eyes and he frowned," I have beta stuff to do this week for the coronation," he said softly. I smiled, not showing my disappointment," That's alright, no worries," I say with a smile.

"Why don't you ask Mikey?" My eyes turned to Renee, I didn't realize she was paying attention to our conversation. "He has to work remember?" I groaned, how can I find someone on such short notice? "Ren you wanna come?" I desperately asked her and she shook her head," I'm decorating the packhouse tonight," she noted and I groaned. "I can always tell them to make an exception for you, Rieka," the king offered and I shook my head. That would be unfair and a date was compulsory.

"I'll go with her," Evander spoke and all eyes locked in on him. "What?" I blurted out. Evander shrugged his shoulders as if it was nothing. "Aren't you busy?" King Vison asked him. I stayed quiet craving to know what he would say. "She needs protection over there and I have nothing better to do," Evander explained himself. King Vison nodded and turned to me to hear what I would have to say. He was silently asking if I accept this nonsense. Kira and Brandon looked at me with sad and worried eyes.

"Baby, you don't need to do that," Iris spoke up. "I don't mind," Evander objected. "I-I," I shut my eyes to stop the unwanted emotions from flooding in again. I made sure my emotions were hidden before slowly opening my eyes. "Sure, I don't mind," I say before pushing my chair back and stepping out of the breakfast hall.

"You need to eat," I hear my father mind link me as I made my way out of the castle and running off into the depths of the scary forest I grew up in. Before making sure no one was around me, I stripped off my clothes and hide them in the roots of a tree before allowing White to take complete control.

I wanted to lose control and go crazy but I couldn't. I knew I would regret allowing him to come with me to the black mist pack. White sends me a moan as her paws continued to crush leaves and twigs below her as she ran. Yes, I needed to eat but hunting was way better than sitting at that table with the one that was brave enough to reject the weakling.

_♤_

I was laying on the grass near the lake with my nose in a book. My flight was six hours away and I was determined to finish the book before I left.

Suddenly, the sunlight was blocked. I Look up annoyed to see who was standing in front of me but instead, a small gasp left my lips. I was laying within the paws of a huge dark brown wolf with one black ear. His eyes pure gold as they stared at me with adoration. I tilt my head to the side and wondered why I wasn't scared but I already knew the answer. "Evander," I whispered. The wolf yelped and dived down to lick my cheek.

I squirm around the grass, wiping the silva away with the back of my hand. The wolf whimpered and backed away, allowing me to sit up. I stared at his eyes, they were so beautiful. The specks of brown in them mate them unique. I don't think I've ever paid this much attention to a wolf's eyes. Evander's wolf was one of the biggest existed, his dark brown fur with one only black ear made people want to run in the other direction but I couldn't help but think how adorably cute he was. Evander's wolf had a dangerous aura around him but I wasn't phased. He was beautiful in my eyes.

The wolf staggered in front of me, his head scooping to my neck and he licks the spot my mark was supposed to go. A growl emit from his chest when he spotted the hickey that was now visible after I shifted back. "It's okay," I whispered and hesitantly cupped his large face with both of my hands. His mouth shut and he was no longer showing me his threatening canines and instead, he whimpered. He was hurt by Evander's decision.

"Evander is stupid huh?" I say with a smile. The wolf's eyes visibly brightened as he nods his head, sticking out his tongue. "I know..." I frowned. White was enjoying this too much, she was happy for the first time in seeing her wolf. However, she was tired from our exhausting morning run and hunt. Suddenly, the wolf flops down on my lap, with his eyes shut and his face laying in my lap.

My body froze, I was shocked. Not knowing what was happening. His large stomach rises and falls continuously and I realized he was trying to take a nap. My heart warms to know the wolf part of Evander still held me close to him as his mate. I picked up my book and held it with one hand as I continued to read, the other hand was brushing his fur past his folded ears.

_♤_

I woke up by the ticking of my alarm. I stretched my tired arms and legs before taking the alarm off. I had two hours for my flight.

Shit.

Then it dawned on me.

Evander's wolf was sleeping in my lap and somehow my tiredness devoured me. How did I get back to my room? I didn't even set an alarm for this time. My face played with a smile when I thought of the only option. Was it possible that Evander brought me back here and set an alarm so we won't be late? I really wanted to believe so but I had no time for daydreaming. I needed to shower and find myself at the airport.

•••

Thoughts?

Anybody else excited to see what would happen on their trip?