》46

I whimpered out as the trial continued down my neck

I whimpered out as the trial continued down my neck. My eyes opened and I stare at Evander who was very much concentrated on making me shiver as his fingertip trailed along my skin to form patterns.

"Good morning," I spoke, still feeling tired. I moved a bit and his hand settled around my waist before our eyes finally met. "Good morning," his voice was deep and soft, letting me know that he only woke up moments ago.

"What are we doing today?" I asked. His eyes lit with amusement," we're spending the day today?" He grinned. "If you can," I softly stated. His smile fades as he studied me. "Kira already booked you for the day but when you're home we'll have dinner and a movie night," he decided. My cheeks tinted red at the mention of a movie night. "The wedding is in two days," Evander added.

My eyes widened as I comprehended that fact. "Who in the bloody hell decides to get married in two days!?" I gasped, pushing the blanket off me as I paced the floor. "I'm taking you shopping tomorrow for our outfits," Evander revealed, trying to make me feel better. I felt relieved that at least the dress problem was out of the way.

How are they going to set up a wedding in two days?

"Can you do it?" I asked, nervously biting my lip. "Of course! We have plenty of help," he answered. I nod my head, comprehending the fact.

Kira got proposed to last night and is getting married in two days. I sighed, pushing my hair out of my face. "I'll meet you downstairs," I decided before walking out the room and into me where I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

As I walked downstairs, I realized that Evander wasn't downstairs yet so I decided to get started on coffee and biscuits for our small breakfast. The coffee was brewing when he strolled in, showing off his shirtless glory.

"Are you making coffee?" He asked, obviously. "Yeah," I shrugged, trying not to look at him I turned to the coffee.

Evander pressed the front of his body to my back and I felt all of him. His hands that were around my waist, slipped under my jersey and the palms of his hands remained flat on my stomach. I inhale sharply, shutting my eyes for a brief second to control the sudden shift of atmosphere.

"I like your warmth," he suddenly says, lightly brushing his lips against my neck. Is he trying to make me jump him? Because I would gladly do so.

"I can relate," I whispered. Evander whined, pulling me away from the cup as he turned me around so our chests were pressed together.

His head nuzzled into the crook of my neck with his arms tightly around my waist. "I need you," he whispered, his breath fanning my skin. "You have me," I replied, my hand hooking around his neck and the other around his broad waist.

He continued his lips trailing along my neck. I inhale sharply, finding the deep meaning of his words. My back arched into him like I needed to be as close to him as possible.

The sound of the doorbell ringing brought us out of our trance. "I should go open that," Evander sighed, pulling us apart. "And I should go get ready," I decided.

"Or you can stay here all day with me," he smirked. I rolled my eyes, walking around him to leave the kitchen.

"We all don't get what we want, Mister Rowan."

My feet took me up the stairs and I stripped off my clothes before throwing myself into the shower. I didn't like the idea of the bride to be waiting for me but I also didn't know she was going to be this early. After showering, I stressed myself in a knee-length dress since it was the quickest thing to put on and pulled my blonde hair into a loose ponytail before slipping on my sandals and running down the staircase.

She spots me immediately.

"Kira!" I cheered as we ran towards each other. I threw my arms around her and hugged her tightly. "You're engaged! I'm so happy for you!" I continued, rocking us left to right before letting each other go. "I know right, the ring is so beautiful," she awed, showing me her hand to reveal the sapphire stone protected by tiny diamond stones.

"It is beautiful," I agreed.

"So what are we doing today bride to be?" I asked, wiggling my brows.

"Dress shopping."

"Let's do it!" I grinned. We walked into the kitchen where Brandon and Evander were leaning against the counter with coffee cups in their hand. I glare at them, seeing as they were drinking my coffee. "Relax there's more, you need to have breakfast before going," Evander demanded but my heart swelled at the proof that he cared about me.

"Relax Evan, we're going to breakfast first," Kira brushed him off. I turn to her," we are?"

She nods her head," yeah. It's girls' day."

_♤_

We walked into the bridal store with yogurts in our hands after having breakfast at a cute Cafe. The employees greeted us with warm and happy smiles, Kira told them what dress she was looking for and they took her into a room. A couple of minutes later our cups were in the bin when employees walked in with four different dresses.

"These are the ones that matched your description the best," the assistant said while both of us stared at the beautiful dresses that were dripping with diamonds, lace, and sequins.

They all were extremely beautiful but I was growing nervous for Kira. "Okay, I can do this," Kira told herself as she picked up one dress and walked into the dressing room. I sat on the sofa, scrolling through my empty phone until she walked out in her bride's glory.

"That looks amazing!" I cheered, my jaw lose as my eyes studied the dress. It was a tight white dress that was strapless and flared out an inch below her thigh. I'm surprised something so different looked so beautiful. "I know right, but there is something off. It doesn't seem like the one," she frowned, investigating the dress through the mirror. I nod my head, understanding what she was talking about.

"Alright, next one!"

Three dresses later and now it was completely different. Something changed in her when it came to this dress.

I stared in awe as she looked at herself in the mirror. The dress fit her perfectly, hugging her body like a second skin before glaring out in white and lace galore at the waist.

"What do you think?" She distractedly asked me. "It's beautiful, Kira. You look amazing," I truthfully answered, hoping she would go with this one. In a flash, she spins around with a grin on her face. "This is the done, deal closed," she squealed.

I have no idea how to feel about this but they are only ten more chapters left!