》27

Evander Rowan

Evander Rowan

"You're right," she sighed and stirred my drink, blocking me from looking at her. My heart clenches.

I want to tell her everything and anything that would make her want me but I couldn't do that because there were still things in the way. She is the only one that I want to know everything about and we aren't even mates anymore but she is creeping her way into my heart dangerously without even knowing it. I was so happy that Iris and I are both okay and neither of us got hurt. Sure Iris is on the run but I know she is happy with Mikel. He treated Rieka like a goddess so imagine how he would treat his mate. Sometimes I beg that Mikel was her mate because she deserved only the best. Nevertheless, I was selfish and I wasn't going to let anyone have what was mine. And Rieka was mine to claim. Iris gave me a chance to fix what I did to Rieka but I knew it wasn't going to happen easily.

She was so disappointed in me when I told her about Rieka. She didn't like that I kept all of it to myself and didn't let her know of anything. She admitted she had thoughts that there was something between us since the beginning though. We have always been a team, even after we stopped sleeping with each other. There was no bad blood, our actions were distractions from our messed up lives. So she was hurt I didn't tell her about Rie.

There are things in our way. Like Chansler and the rogue problem I'm helping William and Vison with. "I'll go," I slide off of the barstool and walked out of the bar only to slump down far from the bar but close enough to see the door. She is going to get drunk, I know it and I need to be there to help her.

I don't know how long I stayed on the floor but I didn't regret it. I hear the sound of a glass breaking causing me to bolt to my feet and run into the bar. The little angel had her head resting on the table as she slept. Her hand that once held a glass was empty, the glass fell out of her hand and onto the tiled floor.

A smile tugged my lips as I admired her from close. Her pink lips were wet and bright, her milky skin, her long blonde hair, the clothes that fit her in all the right places, everything about her was perfect.

Inside and out.

Biting my lip, I carefully took her off the chair and onto my lap. Like a monkey on a tree, Rieka wrapped her legs around my torso and arms around my neck as she snuggled her head into my neck. I could never complain about the feeling of happiness and euphoria her touch makes me feel.

My wolf purs as Rieka snuggled into me further I walked us up the stairs. I haven't felt my wolf in a long time, more specifically, since I rejected the innocent angel sleeping on me. Pushing her temporary room door open, I quietly walked in and placed her on the bed, making sure to pull the covers up so she wouldn't be cold before leaving.

For the second time today.

_♤_

"I don't know," William frowned as we looked at the border into the rogue land. There were so many questions.

How did they get silver?

How were they so quick?

Why were they so fast?

How did dumb rogues make high tech bullets?

It infuriated me that we had no leads on getting to the bottom of this because they could attack again and I can't let that happen.

We tried finding the location of where the bullets were made but they were useless. We tried holding rogues captive for questioning but they just killed themselves.

"Whatever, I have had enough of this," I sighed before sprinting off into the forest, shifting into my wolf midway.

I whimpered as I shifted back into my human form. Rieka moved around some more today since her scent reached my nose first as I entered my house through the back door. There was a pile of clothes for me to change into and I did that quickly. It became a talent to put on clothes quickly. "Ah, Evander," I hear Brandon entered the room.

"Have anything for today?" I ask him like usual on mornings because anything that happens overnight that I'm unknown about, Brandon knows about it and he tells me in the morning. "Yes, Rieka broke into the indoor pool," he grinned. My jaw dropped, I was confused but wanted to laugh at that statement so instead, I smiled. "She broke into the pool?" I raise my eyebrow. Brandon laughed as he nodded," yeah, she didn't even bother to ask anyone for the keys," he explained before walking away.

I stand there, battling with myself when I finally decided to go to the pool. My indoor pool had glass as walls and a glass door that was now shattered and laying on the floor. I frowned upon seeing that because Rieka could have gotten hurt. Nevertheless, I jumped it and walked onto the deck of the pool where I saw her doing laps along my pool.

Her body glides along the top of the water, her arms bending to gracefully break through the water surface. Her blonde hair was now almost light brown that it was soaked into the water.

Rieka Knight

I don't know how long I was swimming but I don't stop. My arms never get tired and I never run out of oxygen. I kept swimming laps, turning underwater, and pushing off the wall of the pool and I continue. It felt amazing, underwater. My thoughts didn't come through, I wasn't worried about anything.

After last night with Evander, I didn't know what to think. I remembered everything and I was mad at myself for wanting him.

I think I'm stupid.

How can I want him? He is the ruthless alpha who killed probably thousands, he rejected me. But still, there is so much good in him that no one else sees. And I want to see more of that.

I want to see all of him.

I stopped and surged from the water, taking deep breaths as I tried to calm down my busy mind. His scent reached my nose and I felt his presence watching my back that was faced him. I smiled and flipped back into the water only to swim to the other end of the pool.

"I heard you broke into my pool," he tilts his head slightly as he studied me. I grinned, remembering the way I smashed the glass door behind us before nodding. I smirked, knowing that Evander's eyes darkened when he saw my cleavage. I pushed myself up the edge of the pool. My bath suit clung onto my skin and exposed my chest that had water droplets dripping down it.

"You're quite a tease," Evander says with a clenched jaw and I watched his eyes rake up and down my body, taking in every single detail I had to offer. Usually, I would feel insecure but no. Today, I wanted him to watch me. I walked to him but kept a distance between us. "I'm not sure about that one," I say, walking behind him and bending down to grab my towel. My ass was in full view for him to see.

My jaw dropped when I felt his front pressed to my ass, his hand on my neck as I was about to stand straight. Now my back was fully pressed to him and I wasn't changing my mind, instead, I wanted more. His hand gripped my hips and pressed my wet skin and suit to his body but neither of us seems to mind. "You should be very careful, Miss Knight," he whispered into my ear, his lips threateningly close to my skin. The hair on my hands rise, my heart began to speed up and he knows. He knows about the effect he has on me even though we aren't even mates.

"You're playing a dangerous game," he continued, sliding his hand down my back, brushing the bikini strap. I inhale sharply, feeling my nipples hardening and I lean into his touch.

With one swift move, his touch is gone completely. Like he turned into air or he just disappeared. I frowned as I saw him walking out the shattered door.

Typical Evander Rowan.

•••

I have no idea if I regret writing this or not. Oops? Anyway, shocking things coming up. Hopefully, you liked this chapter:)