》16

"Good morning," Evander grinned, showing me his playful side

"Good morning," Evander grinned, showing me his playful side. I rolled my eyes and dragged my suitcase out to the garage. Since I've been rejected, I can no longer smell his strong scent when I enter a room and I no longer want to be near him all the time. Before when he was around White would chant in my head to be near him but now she is sad all the time. She barely talks to me and it is all his fault. A smile tugged my lips as I walked, remembering his cute but large and scary looking wolf. He was rather playful and I certainly like his wolf more than Evander himself.

"Are you ready, Miss Knight?" Helix, my family's driver, asked as he opened the back seat of the range rover. "Yes, thank you," I kindly smiled at him before getting into the back seat. "Alpha Evander, what can I do for you?" Helix spoke a couple of seconds later, hidden fear in his voice. "I'll be accompanying miss Knight," he announced before sliding into the vehicle beside me. "You cause fear everywhere you go, Alpha Evander," I stated and noticed how he tensed when I called him Alpha.

I asked my father when I was too young to know why my mother doesn't call him beta. I was curious because everyone did besides his family. He answered and said have authority and power your wolf craves respect from others but when it comes to your mate, it pains your wolf to call you with that sort of respect. It was hard for him to explain to me but I understood that your mate was the one person that you didn't need that sort of respect from. "Yes I do, doctor," he said and I clenched my jaw. Playing me at my own game, I see. However, it didn't annoy me much since my rank isn't high as his. Helix enters the car after putting our suitcases in the trunk and we drove off to the airport without another word.

When we arrived, I stared at the white plane in front of me. "This isn't Vison's private jet," I spoke my thoughts out loud. The writing and the shape of the front of the jet were different compared to the king's plane we usually fly on. Evander hummed in approval before walking in front of me," that is because it is mine," he said with pride in his voice. Of course, he has a private plane. Rolling my eyes, I followed the devil onto the plane.

Thirty minutes later I was sitting at one of the desks with Evander opposite me. There were three other tables on this private plane and I was annoyed that he just had to sit in the one that was already occupied. I pulled a magazine in front of me and just when I was about to distract myself with it, the moron spoke.

"So while you were absent this morning for breakfast, Prince William requested that after his coronation he travel to my pack to begin his search for the future queen," Evander spoke and I wondered why he was telling me this. William was going on his search for his mate to rule beside him, big deal to me. William hates me and I tend to ignore his existence. "And he said he could carry Princess Renee, Jayden, and you on his mate search through my pack," Evander furthered. My eyes widened slightly upon this additional information. "You know...to find your mate," he grinned. I wanted to wipe it clean off his face with my fist. I finally sobered myself and laughed at the thought.

"Ah yes, mates...that moon goddess better give me back my money because I'm not satisfied with my service," I scoffed, picking up the magazine just so I don't have to look at this stupid attractive face. "Your father already agreed in your absence," he ignored my comment and I still don't look away from the magazine. "Whatever, Alpha Evander, I don't care," I mumbled.

"So, are you going suit shopping with me?" Evander asked after a moment of silence. I don't even give him the satisfaction of looking at him. "Stop being annoying, I have no idea why you're even here," I sighed. Of course, this man didn't have a suit. That was honestly hard to believe since he always wore shirts and suits. "That's fine, I bought one," he admitted and I rolled my eyes, not replying. Obviously, he was trying to get me to talk to him and I wasn't going to let him get away with it.

"Why are you being so cold, Rieka?" Evander asked. I finally look at him to see him tilting his head to the side as he continued to study me. I sighed and placed the magazine down before fixing my eyes on his. "That is Doctor Knight to you, Alpha Evander, and maybe because I don't let things go easily. You still fail to remember that you rejected a girl and showed off another who wore your mark and claimed to be your mate to the same girl that saved your damn life," I hissed, biting the insides of my cheeks so I don't cry.

"I didn't even get a thank you, not that I care. Lastly, stop with your flowers. I don't want them and they're a burden to me just like you hanging around. You tell me you want me to find someone better than you and so does your betas yet you follow me around," I scoffed and returned to my magazine that I had no idea what it was actually about. He tells me about being cold but he has been cold since the day I saw his eyes open.

Stupid moron.

"Fair point," he agreed and I look up to the movements of him sliding out of the cubicle and disappearing behind the curtains that separated the different sections on the plane.

Stupid. Moron.

Evander Rowan

I wish she could know the truth so she'd thank me for rejecting her. Seeing her like this makes me regret it more than usual. But I couldn't trust fate and let her go on this trip alone. Rieka didn't think she needed protection but she truly did.

If something happened to her then everything I did since we've met was for nothing.

"We should just kill him and be with mate," my wolf huffed. The flowers were his doing, it made him hate me a little less and for some reason, the flowers from the garden reminded me of her. I frowned knowing that couldn't be all it takes. Then we would have to deal with the consequences of lying to everyone. Iris and I's payment for lying is death. There are so many things in the way...

•••

What do we think now? Should Rieka stop being difficult on him?

Evander still is the main lead for the story! Sorry to say, I know that is upsetting to some. If this is a problem then please stop reading, this story isn't likable to everyone.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading! I have no idea where this story is going to go but I'll find out soon lol.