》33

Just saying I'm terribly terrified when posting this chapter :(

Evander flashed me a grin before walking to the bench where he kicked off his shoes and started undoing the buttons of his shirt right there. "What are you doing?" I asked him like he was butchering an alien. "Getting into the pool with you," he casually says and my eyes widened. Why did part of me feel excited?

"It's nearly eight," I pointed out. A squeal left my lips when his pants dropped to his ankles. I don't think I've ever turned around so quickly. My body stiffened as all I can hear were our heartbeats. Suddenly, I whip my head around when I heard the water splash.

My eyes widened when Evander surfaced to the top of the water. His hands wipe down his face to remove the water that made his skin shine. His hair was soaking wet with drops dripping down his neck and face. Somehow, I found this insanely attractive.

"Get in," he simply ordered. My arms folded across my chest at the order. "Please? I think we both deserve some relaxation after everything that happened today," he deadpanned. I bite my lip in hesitation.

He was right. He was attacked by vampires, found out that I was somehow involved with the vampires. Then I found out that his father's prisoner was my father. Then helped me through a mental breakdown. Then had to sit with me through talking with my father and my family crisis. Then had to stand William and his bullshit.

"True," I shrugged.

"Get in!" He whines again. Why was I nervous about getting into the enormous pool with Evander? The last time the pool really helped to clear my head about the whole Mikey shit. Swimming does that to me. I sighed, my hands finding the end of my jersey.

"Turn around," I say and without another thought, he turns so now his back was facing me. I kept my eyes on the back of his head as I slipped out of my pants. My lips pulled into a smirk when I noticed his body go rigid. After slipping out of my big tee I threw myself into the water, swimming to the bottom before resurfacing to the top.

"Hi," I grinned at Evander. His eyes were on me as he looked down my neck to the baby blue bra I was wearing. "You look good in blue," he points out. "Whatever you say," I pretended not to care that his words didn't affect me.

Evander moved around, never removing his eyes off mine. "Are you okay? After everything that happened?" He cautiously asked. "I think so, I'm happy that I have my father, you're apparently somewhat innocent in all of this and maybe Will would back off," I shrug my shoulder.

"Though I still want to know what's Will's problem and why my parents lied," I pointed out but tried my best to stop thinking about that.

Evander pulled at my ankle and my whole upper body is thrown at his chest. I try to push away but his hand rests on my bare waist. "Think about the positive things," he tells me. My hands remained pressed flat on his chest. "So I'm not completely screwed then?" He asked, tilting his head to the side, moving one of his to push away my wet hair on the side of my face before returning to my waist.