》25

"So you have nothing to say about Evander and Iris faking it?" She boldly asked

"So you have nothing to say about Evander and Iris faking it?" She boldly asked. I tilt my head to the side and wondered if this video meant nothing to her. "What do you think about it?" I asked instead. She sighed, looking around the room as she thought to herself. "I think that they should be given a second chance. Iris was...healing from her abusive past when she threw herself into a Luna position right away. That had to be tough. However, Alpha Evander deserves it to his pack to find their real luna," she decided and I couldn't help but agree with her in the back of my mind.

Only, Evander rejected me.

Does this change things between us though? How would everyone react? Can I forgive him?

"I need to go somewhere so can we talk later?" I changed the subject, getting to my feet. Renee stared at me as if I grew two heads. "If you're going to try to find Mikey it wouldn't work, he is already long gone," she says sadly but I dismissed her. Mikey would say goodbye first so maybe that was the reason why he told me to meet him at his apartment.

"You act like you don't know Mikey, he is our best friend," I dismissed her, walking into my closet to get something to wear. "Alright, whatever you say," I hear her sigh as she followed me into my closet. I paused to look at her. "If you see him tell him I love him and to be safe alright?" She added. "Yeah, sure," I smiled. We both said our goodbyes before she leaves the room with the door shutting behind her. I quickly showered and changed into a shirt and ripped jeans before grabbing my car keys and leaving.

I made sure to secure my car before hustling up the elevator and in front of his apartment door. "Mikey," I called loud as my fist knocked on the door. Disappointment struck me when I realized I was standing there for five minutes. Five minutes filled with me knocking on the door and calling his name. I even called Iris but it was no use. I sighed, about to leave when I realized I didn't try the door handle. I turned the knob and surprisingly, the door opened.

I hesitantly walked into his apartment. "Mikey?" I called for him again as I walked through the dead silent apartment. My feet carried me to his bedroom and I stood frozen at the door. My hand reached over to my mouth when I saw the shelves that used to have his clothes were empty, with only a few pieces thrown on them. The racks in his open closet were hanging empty, picture frames around his bed were gone. The bed was also empty, the sheets pulled out from them with only a paper laying in the middle.

"Mikey!" I shout for him one more time, running out to the kitchen only to see the microwave and everything still there but spoons and plates were missing. Cupboards and drawers in his apartment were open and messy. How didn't I notice this before? Mikey was a clean and neat guy, it was sort of a problem to see this and I didn't want to know what this meant. I pulled out my phone and called his number only for the number to be out of service. "What the bloody hell," I muttered to myself as I walked back into his bedroom.

My eyes landed on the neatly folded paper on the bed. It could be a note. Why else would he tell me to come here when he isn't here? I grabbed the paper and my suspicions were correct as my name was written boldly across the front.

Dear Reader,

I hope it is Rieka that is reading this. So if you are Rieka, I'm leaving it to you to tell Renee how sorry I am for leaving and not saying goodbye. But I love you both for everything you did for me. Rieka, I will never forget our times together. I never thought about my mate because I didn't consider myself lucky to have one. I'm sorry to leave in such a hurry, I'm sorry for not saying goodbye. I know I could have but it was too risky. I hope by now you saw the video, Iris and I are running away to Mumbai since we both always wanted to go there. Iris is going rogue with me and to be honest, it's exciting. I've only known her for a couple of hours and I can't believe I got so lucky to call her mine forever. I'm afraid that the last time we talked was the last time for a long while but I do hope to see you again. Any way you try to contact me or Iris, it doesn't work. To Renee, I'm sorry about breaking your promise about not running away anymore. I know I disappointed you both and for that, I would forever be sorry for that. I hope you both understand.

Love, Mikey.

Even though that was a crappy goodbye letter I kept reading it over and over. I felt like my heart cracked more than before. I could never like Mikey the way he wanted me to but he sure was my best friend. But now, he is gone. Too selfish and stubborn to say a goodbye. I used the back of my hand to wipe my nose and eyes, mad that I let some tears shed before walking out of his apartment, leaving the door open with the letter gripped tightly in my hand.

As I drove home, I still couldn't believe that Mikey was on the run again but this time we wouldn't be there to help him. Even though he isn't on his own. He had Iris. His mate. I still can't wrap my head around that.

"Why have you been crying?" I drag my eyes up to see William staring at me. He almost convinced me that he was actually concerned. I scoffed, this was all his fault. "What does it matter to you? Do you want to call me a whore again? Hm?" I thrust my arms into his chest out of anger and he stumbled back. "I could have you killed in two seconds," he added, not phased by my statement. "Kill me? I think power is getting to your head. You can't do that, nobody would forgive you," I pointed out. "Look, it's not my fault your heart is so fragile. It had to be done. He had a choice to leave with her or not and I guess you weren't that special for him to stay behind with," William snickered.

I felt my wolf surging to the surface but I push her back. If I let her in that would be a mistake. Yes, William was right but I still thought that Renee and I deserved a God damn goodbye. His mouth opened to say something again but Renee rushed into the room. "What is going on here?" She asked. William and I look at each other and I had no idea what to say. Instead, I handed her the handwritten letter from Mikey. But she already knew he was gone so why did a useless and stupid goodbye hurt me so much?

"I'm going to the bar," I mumbled, pushing past William only for him to pull me back. "Don't you think you should go pack?" He asked with a lifted eyebrow. "Pack for what?" I asked, truly confused. William smirked as he was about to reply.

"For the two weeks visit to the golden cove pack, of course."

•••
Anyway, thank you so much for reading! I appreciate it way more than you think so thank you so much♡