》36

I walked back into the house, tired as ever from working at the hospital

I walked back into the house, tired as ever from working at the hospital. Today I made sure to meet the other doctors and nurses there and apologized to them for my intrusion yesterday. They all were sweet about it and told me they understood.

"Oh, honey," Jayden welcomed me with open arms as I walked into the dining room. I hugged him back, needing the comfort from my brother. We used to be so close and ever since the whole beta thing, we both have been busy. "I'm fine, just hungry," I half lied to him, pulling myself out of the hug.

"Let's eat," Evander's voice entered the room, landing on me right away. As expected, William's seat was empty since he was still at the hospital with his mate. In fact, all day he has been on a run after she said she didn't want to speak to him. He seemed infuriated and scared that he lost it and shifted immediately.

We all sat down, Renee beside me and Evander on the other side. "How is Will?" Brandon asked first making me sigh. "Not good, he's trying to distract himself," I say and he frowns. "What about Everest? How is the investigation going?" Kira asked.

I bite my lip when I left his hand on my inner thigh, seeking comfort. My other hand that wasn't holding the spoon and rested on my upper thigh slid down to hold his hand with mine. "I finally realized why she wasn't healing as she should. There is gasoline in her system as well as wolfsbane which explains why she puked three times today. There is only so much I can do to get it out of her system," I frowned, remembering her face that told me she wanted to die. She looked like she didn't want to suffer anymore but she is making progress.

"The investigation is at a dead-end, She's not talking about what happened and we can't force her. Her parent's cabin is completely empty. No one has been there for weeks," Evander answered the second question. White was purring at the sound of his voice.

"On to better things, the rogues have learned to back the hell off, there are no signs of them," Brandon smirked. Evander and I looked at each other, knowing very well that Jessie listened to us when we told them to stop trying to attack. Tomorrow my father would be leaving the pack and Jessie would be taking him home. When I returned home yesterday we had dinner together at ten in the night and we got to talk alone. "Fantastic," Evander smiled.

The thought of the rogues attacking another pack with those silver bullets made me unsettled. The movements of his thumb rubbing my hand pulled me out of my thoughts and I started to pick up my eating again.

"So girls, I was thinking before you leave we should have a girls' day," Kira spoke, grabbing Rene and I's attention. "Who said anything about leaving? William's mate isn't recovered as yet," Evander objected.

I bite my lip, not knowing how to reply to that. I gave his hand a comforting squeeze. "Oh I know that but I'm going to be very busy with training," Kira explained before turning her attention back to us. "What do you say, tomorrow?" She grinned excitedly.