》31

Thank you from the bottom of my tiny heart for 2

Thank you from the bottom of my tiny heart for 2.11k reads♡ Y'all keep surprising me every time and I'm so happy that you like what I write. It means a lot that you're still reading. More than you know, is an understatement. So thank you♡

"How did you..." my words died as I kept replaying his words over and over in my head. He knows it's me and I'm not even going to deny it. "For once you look madly like your mother except for your eyes which are like mine the last time I checked," he started.

"Lucinda gave me one wish for her to grant before she threw me in that stupid van and I asked her to give my child my chain," his fingers played with his other chain around his neck. "I have it, I wear it almost every day," I promised honestly.

"But how? I can tell you aren't a vampire," his eyebrows knitted. I look at Evander before sighing. "With you being my father I developed some talents I guess. Silver doesn't affect me, wolfsbane doesn't affect me as it should and my wolf is faster than she should normally be," I explained. I see amusement and shock in his eyes. "Okay, well...why are you here now? Twenty fricken years later? I'm sure you want nothing to do with me," he deadpanned. My eyes widened as I thought of how to answer that but I was truly speechless.

"They told me they killed you," I choked out, finally allowing myself to break down with tears. All the emotions I was holding in since Evander let me cried in the cell were forcing back on to me. "Jessie didn't tell me he knew you were alive...I-" my voice breaks as I speak. Evander's hand was about to grab me but pulled his hand away.

"They told you I was dead?" He asked for reassurance. I nod, not wanting to repeat myself. He scoffed, looking around the room. "It's hard to believe that Lucinda turned into someone so...cruel," he whispered. I would never expect my mother to do something like this. It wasn't like her not to tell me. It really hurt me that they kept this from me. My father was innocent in all of this, he confirmed it himself. They took him away when all he wanted was to love his child. They took my father away from me and I didn't even know. I lived twenty years in a lie. Do I even know my mother at all?

"How is Jessie? The last time I saw him he was a little baby," my father asked with soft eyes. I sniffed before answering, the small smile already playing on my face. "He is a pain in the ass but he is like a brother to me, very protective of what's his and he is an amazing king," I answered, not mentioning that I've been ignoring him for a couple of months.

His eyes shift to Evander but this time he wasn't afraid to look at him. Instead, he seemed, curious or something.
"And how the hell you got this Alpha wrapped around your finger?" He glanced at Evander. I turn to look at him, opening my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I didn't really know how to answer that question.

"We're mates," Evander bluntly stated and fireworks exploded in my chest. Goddess, I've been waiting so long for him to finally say that. "Sort of," I added. I still had no idea why he had my father locked in a cage for twenty years.