》38

Imagine me having a terrible morning then to come on Wattpad and see that I hit 3k reads on Ruthless Deception and my day instantly got so much better. Thank you all for 3k!♡

Suddenly, the door burst open, and there stood the girl who was with Evander outside. She definitely had a high rank on this pack since she had power radiating off of her. "I was just removing the bullet, then she went all Lucifer on me and burst into flames," I defended myself, staring at the unconscious alpha lying on the bed. Then I spotted the two little guys with the girl.

"No, wait, get those kids out of here," my eyebrows furrowed, wondering why she had two little cute boys with her. "Don't. They're her kids, they can help," the girl insisted. Of course, she had twins. I instantly realized that those were the kids that the rogues wanted. I stay quiet as the little boys walked closer to their mother and like magic, the fire was gone.

Well, that was totally something.

After making sure Lucali was fine, I stitched back up her shoulder and left her to heal with the kids snuggled next to her. "It looks like everything is going to be okay, she might be asleep for a while longer but she's stable and better than before," I tell the girl who I realized to be Kharis.

Kharis thanked me and we shared a hug before I finally left the room, leaving her there with Lucali.

I shrugged off the coat I had slipped into back onto the coat rack before making my way down the hallway to check on Evander. Accidentally, I'm knocked into someone's chest.

"Oh shit sorry," I mumbled, backing away from the person I just knocked into. "Crap," the familiar voice mumbled. And as I looked up, noticing his blue eyes and brown curls my eyes widened.

"Mikey?"

"Rieka, you...what are you doing here?" Mikey struggled with his words. I couldn't believe he was standing here, in front of me. "I thought you were supposed to be in Mumbai?"

Guilt flashed through his eyes. "You found the letter," he realized. I scoffed, folding my arms across my chest. I still couldn't believe Mikey was standing in front of me. "Yes, I found your crappy letter," I snapped at him.

"I...I'm sorry," he worthlessly apologized. "How have you been? How are you here? Where is Iris?" I asked.

He smiles at the mention of his mate. "She's around somewhere and this pack is made up of rescued rogues who want to belong and are good people, it feels like home here," he smiles. It was difficult to hear Mikey saying this since he hated packs with a passion. At least I thought so. "Well, that's good to hear, I guess," I mumbled the last part softer. How do I reply to that?

"I'm sorry for leaving after everything Rie. I didn't mean for us to get close and then I ditched with another girl," he apologized again, this time his words hit home. "What do you mean? She's your mate," I was feeling guilty since I used Mikey as a distraction from my rejection but I would never admit that to him. Mikey would be so disappointed. "Yeah but we slept together and I...I left," he frowns.

"It doesn't matter, it's fine, She's your mate and everything was different before," I brushed him off. His eyebrows furrowed but he nodded anyway. "I have to go but can we talk later? If you're still here that is," he says, looking down the hallway I was just walking from.

"Sure just stay away from any other people okay? Just walk the other direction if you spot anyone familiar," I begged him. Confused washed over his face," what do you mean?" I sighed, looking at the ground for a second. "Evander, Jayden, and Brandon are here, don't let them see you here," I say.