》30

"It is," he agreed, looking down at his chain before hiding it back under his shirt

"It is," he agreed, looking down at his chain before hiding it back under his shirt. "I think you can help me with something," I stated. His brows knitted as he looked at me. "I told you, bloody people I don't know shit about my father, I don't want to be Vampire King and I never paid attention to the shit he said," he said, glaring at Evander behind me. I sighed and shook my head. "Your father isn't vampire king anymore," I stated as a matter of factly.

"Who is?" He asked, expecting me to know. "Jessie Evelen," I mentioned his nephew. His eyes lit up over the new information before his eyes were hooded. "How do you know that? How do you know little Jessie?" He questioned. "Jessie is twenty-one so I don't think he is little and I know that because a lot has happened while you were down here," I vaguely say with a small smile.

He shifts a little bit before deciding. "I'll like to answer your question then," he shifts again, looking at the dirty floor.

"You were in love with Beta Female Lucinda Knight?" I asked him. His eyes shot up at me and the man in front of me hesitantly nods. He looking around the dirty cell. "You don't need to be afraid, I'm nicer than the guys you know," I say, hoping that he would finally look at me, and surprisingly, our eyes met. His eyes were the very same color as mine but they were dull and seemed far away. That still surprised me.

"How about we get you out of here?" I suggested and his eyes widened. I look back at Evander and he pushed himself off the wall, walking into the cellar with the keys giggling in his hand. He bents down and uncuffed his ankles and one of his hands that was cuffed. "I know trusting me is hard but I need you to do as I say okay?" I say to him. His eyes drifted to Evander beside me before he nods hesitantly.

"Brandon!" Evander calls using his Alpha voice and I wince at the amount of power used. Evander notices and laced my hand with his. Brandon walked in, his eyes roaming around the cellar before settling on Evander," Yes?" He asked. "Take him to the prepared guest bedroom and get him a suit of clothes," Evander says, shocking the man.

"Do you mind?" I ask him, referring to what he just heard. "Most certainly not, once I'm not going to be killed," he laughed a little but I could tell he was serious. "No, you're safe, I promise," I gave him a reassuring smile before handing him off to Brandon. I wait to hear the gates close before I finally broke down.

Evander pulled me into his chest and his comfort engulfed me as I let my emotions out through my tears. I felt protected and safe in his arms, not caring about anything. "I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation as to why they didn't tell you," he whispered, knowing exactly what I was thinking.

Why didn't you tell me? I wanted to ask but held back myself.

"I promise I didn't know that he was your father otherwise you would have met him the second I woke up," he told me, reading my thoughts again although it was impossible. "Are you sure?" I sniffed as I pulled away, his soft eyes gazing into mine deeply. "I'll explain everything later, I promise, for now, let's get him settled in, yeah?" He suggested and I nod. We fall apart but his fingers were never removed from mine as we walked out of the cellar.

_♤_

I push myself off the wall and let go of Evander's hand when my father walked into the room escorted by Brandon. He nods his head to his Alpha before leaving the three of us alone in his office.

His face was brighter now and he looked a slight bit happy now that he had a shower and a change of fresh clothes. My father looked up at me with a smile and I return it.

"Please sit," I kindly ordered, sitting on the chair opposite his with Evander sitting beside me. We three sat in silence, I knew Evander was letting me do all the talking because he knew I needed to.

The man shifted uncomfortably before his lips parted to speak. "Why are you doing all of this for me? I appreciate it a lot but I deserve to know. I haven't seen this Alpha in three years since he last came down to question me. You don't even seem scared that I'm a vampire in front of you," he says the last part to me as he continued to ramble. I open my mouth but shut it since I had no idea what to say.

"Um..." Evander and I share a look before I straightened my body in the seat. "We want to know your relationship between Lucinda," Evander says for me and I agree. Thank God he spoke up. "So you couldn't do that in the cell?" He blurted out. Evander and I look at each other for a quick second and I eased into the back of the chair to relax. "I'm not into being cruel," I say, throwing a glare at Evander. My father nods but says nothing else.

"Can you please walk us through your relationship with the Beta female?" I ask him kindly. I see him shift uncomfortably, raising his hand to scratch the nape of his neck before he nods.

"Lucinda and I met when I saved her from some rogues. She crossed the border because she was following a kite she let go of. We got attached when she took me out for dinner to repay me for saving her and things escalated from there. We were fifteen and dumb, I was scared that she wouldn't love me as much as I loved her, and I should have been. I was scared that when her mate comes along I would be...nothing.

She easily became the purpose I was living. I couldn't wait to see her after school where we would meet under the bridge and I would take her to my castle. My heart would ache when we would leave each other. I thought the feelings were reciprocated and it was for a while. We were two reckless teenagers in love, I was going to be the king of vampires in a couple of months and she liked the power and the difference. Me being a vamp only excited her. I told myself I was going to marry this girl one day," his voice broke. His eyes were looking at the table but his mind was elsewhere. I knew he was reliving his tragic love story. Even a tear managed to slip down my eye.

"We made love somewhere along the lines of our romance. I found out the day I proposed to her with promise rings that she was pregnant. I promise to always hold her with love, to protect her, I promised her that nothing would get in our way of love. When I found out she was pregnant with my child. I didn't know what to think but all I knew was that this child was going to change my life and I was going to love her unconditionally and spoil her rotten. Hell, I loved my child before she was even born," his eyes lift off the table and met mine.

"I loved you since you were even born."

•••

I apologize if the paragraphs are really long. They don't seem long when I'm writing them but in the reading version, they are. I hope you guys liked this chapter♡ more coming soon!