》12

I want to kill someone

"Shut the bloody hell up!" I scream at the person pounding against my door. "It's Saturday for bloody hell!" I scream again when the person doesn't stop. Sure, the maids awake me during the weak if I'm not already up on time. Usually, I awake with my alarm. During the weekends I allow myself to sleep in and given the fact that I was out late last night, I was still exhausted.

It was seven in the morning for hell's sake.

The pounding continued causing me to fly off the bed with the intention of killing the person behind the door. "You're really fu-" I was cut off when two bodies tackled me to the ground. "Ouch! What the bloody hell," I held my head. Renee and Kira were wickedly grinning at me as they both laid across my body. "That's the third time you've said bloody in the last two minutes," first I stared at the expensive black shoes at made my way up to a grinning Brandon.

They both are back.

"Love the welcome guys," I sarcastically said as I repeatedly tried to push them off. They both strangle me for a couple more seconds before helping me to my feet. Thank goddess I decided to wear nonrevealing clothes last night...well this morning. "Now get out," I had a serious face as I looked at the three of them. Brandon was leaning against my door so practically he wasn't in my room. "Told you she was grumpy in the morning," I hear Renee mumble to Kira. "Get out before I kill you both," I groaned, craving to be snuggled away in the comfort of my duvet and pillows.

"Breakfast in ten!" Kira shouts as they walked down the hallway. I shut my door in time to hear her. Great, they tackled the sleep right out of me. I remembered everything from last night and the memories with Mikey made me smile. I'm glad that I don't have to avoid him anymore. I brushed my teeth and showered slowly because I didn't want to sit on a table with Evander for a whole hour. I got dressed in a flowery printed dress and glanced myself in the mirror to make sure I was appropriate. Only, something else caught my eye on the desk.

I hadn't looked at it all morning but now that my eyes landed on the blue flower, I couldn't look away.

Evander.

It had to be.

Slowly, I walked to it as if it was a ticking bomb. A small smile wore on my face as I picked it up, the petals felt so delicate below my fingertips. This reminded me of how vulnerable yet guarded he was in Jayden's room. I don't know what took over me but I slipped it into my hair like Evander once did. Before the better half of my mind could unconvinced me, I turned around and made my way downstairs.

Fuck him and his fucking flowers.

I was already twenty minutes late and I was happy about it. "Good morning family and the golden cove pack members!" I announced my entrance with a wide smile on my face. "I said ten minutes, not thirty," princess Renee informed make me smile bigger. "Wasn't looking forward to having breakfast with the devil," I defended myself with my eyes glued on Evander as I flopped down between my parents.

Evander looks at me, his once bored eyes shifted into those of interest. I could tell it was because of the flower in my hair. "And who is that, dear?" My father innocently asked and I think I forgot that there were six adults at this table. "Who knows, it can be anyone," I sighed," sorry I think I've been reading too much again," I smiled innocently. "The real thing to question is why you and my daughter staggered in here at twelve in the damn morning," the king boomed and Renee and I visually froze. Oh shit.

"Our curfew is one," I calmly stated. "Yes but not when you're in the mundane world. Having power doesn't mean you can go party with humans," my father scolded and I begin to play with the silver chain around my neck. It was something I did when I was annoyed or frustrated.

I wondered if he'd like me.

"Who?" My mother asked and I turn to her, giving her a flat look. No doubt that I said my thoughts out loud. "You know who, mom," I stated blankly, she opened her mouth to say something but shut up when her eyes saw the ring pendant on the chain I was playing with. "You should put that away," my mother whispered to me and her eyes flicked to a distracted Evander.

"Why?" I curiously asked since she knew I always wore it besides when I was about to shift. "Listen to me, Rika," she said a little more sternly. Everyone was carried away in their conversations to pay attention to ours. It seemed serious so I agreed, "Fine," I huffed and threw the necklace inside my dress so it wasn't visible before I started picking on my food.

_♤_

The king was gone and the castle was all empty. I thought it was just me alone because even the maids were off helping for the coronation. It was a mark in history like all the rest.

I was checking over the guest list as the queen asked me when the door opens. Nobody else was supposed to be here. A small gasp left my lips when I locked eyes with Evander.

"Are we alone?" He asked, looking around and it answered for himself. Yes, we were. "What do you want?" I hissed with a clenched jaw. I didn't mean to come out with so much sass but I had to know his intentions. We barely spoke a conversation one on one before.

Evander doesn't reply and instead, he looked around the king's office. More specifically, to what I was doing in here. "Do you have a middle name?" He strangely asked, picking at the files on the table. I shouldn't have answered him but I did," yes." His eyes met mine and I saw a flash of amusement before it was gone. "And what is it?" He asked with curiosity. Why did he want to know? I suppose there is one way to find out.

"Rain," I answered with a smile. My mother told me that my real father wanted to name me that when he found out she was pregnant. His words were slow as he spoke with seriousness in his voice. My heartbeat fast against my ribcage, threatening to leave my body as his eyes never left my own but I couldn't see any emotions in them as he spoke," I ( Evander Spade Rowan ) reject you ( Rieka Rain Knight ) as my mate," he spoke.

"What..."

I was convinced that my heart was no longer beating and all I could feel was the heartbreak and devastating feeling my wolf and I were experiencing. She howled in sorrow and I feel the tears forming. I felt dull, empty. I should have expected this and I did. I believed in hope so part of me held on to that. "You need to accept my rejection otherwise you won't be able to move on in time. You can love again and find someone better than me. You'll be saving yourself if you accept it," Evander spoke like the tall and powerful man he was. He was ruthless, he was a murderer I should be elated. When a wolf is rejected and they accept the rejection, you feel nothing but pain.

But pain isn't a word near to what I was actually feeling. The wolf will heal but there would always be a hole where your mate was supposed to be and your wolf will always be hollow and weak. Depressed. "I...I..." I tried to speak but no words came out. My head was beginning to hurt badly. This man cannot win, so what if you're rejected? You can live without a mate. You don't need anyone to depend on. You're strong and brave on your own, Rieka.

"I (Rieka Rain Kight) accept your rejection (Evander Spade Rowan)," his name rolled off my tongue so easily without hesitating. That's right, I'm strong.

Evander nods his head once and our eyes lingered for another second before he turned around swiftly and walked out of the door.

That was when I truly collapsed.

__________

The moment that we all have been dreading yet expecting. How are we feeling?