》40

We're actually at chapter 40! Thank you so much if you're still reading at this point♡

Thank you all for 4k. I don't know if it's true or not but that's what it says and I'm completely blank. Thank you all for consistently reading and even though most of you are silent readers I still appreciate you for reading my book, so much more than you know. So for everyone reading this, thank you so much for giving my book a shot!♡

 So for everyone reading this, thank you so much for giving my book a shot!♡

I walked into Evander's office, exhausted after my swim in the pool. I wouldn't doubt it if I fall asleep within the next minute.

It's been too long of ignoring Evander and after everything that happened with William at the hospital, I needed to talk to him. He immediately pushed off the chair when I entered, I opened my mouth to say something when the door shut behind me.

William stalked past me, walking up to Evander. "Will, what are you doing?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

He said nothing. Evander's hands were folded across his chest as he emotionally stared at him. William pulled his hand back only to swing his arm with much force, punching Evander in the jaw making his head tip back.

"William! What the bloody hell!" I scream, bolting between them. "He deserved it, you know it," William told me, glaring at Evander.

"He didn't do you shit!" I defended, wanting to turn around and make sure Evander was alright. "But he did to you, and I know it! He had a fricken fake mate, he marked and fucked her! I'm shocked he didn't screw her over with a child!" William shouted.

"Will, you need to calm down," I advised.

"No, what I want to know is why you went back to that piece of shit!" He shouted back. "I'll tell you another time, you should calm down because I'm not telling you anything," I declared.

William's eyes finally snapped to me and I almost shudder at the power surging out of his body. He sighed, looking down at his shoes with his hands unclenching. "I need to go see Ev," he mumbled, turning around and storming out of the room.

A sigh leaves my lips as he left and I finally turned around to see Evander who was still "So you take punches now?" I tried to lighten up the mood. My thumb raised to swipe away the drips of blood on his jaw. The small gash that William left behind was already healed.

"I guess so," he whispered, casting his eyes down on me. "I really fucked up with Iris and I don't deserve you at all," he says, holding my hand to his cheek.

"You're right," my jaw clenching. "Why didn't you tell me that Mikey was there? Why was he holding you like that?" He asked, his questions blurting out with impatience. "You're mine," he added softly. So soft that I barely heard him. "Because I didn't want to distract you from handling those rogues and he was just saving me from falling," I defended myself.

"You told Iris about us, she knew all along, didn't she?" How could Iris continue to play everyone knowing that Evander had a mate and was hurting her?