》41

"How the hell you could take him after he faked all that with Iris?" Jayden scoffed

"How the hell you could take him after he faked all that with Iris?" Jayden scoffed. "It's none of your business!" I snapped before grabbing Evander's hand and pulling him out of the room.

I don't stop walking until we were inside my bedroom, hidden by the locked room. I pushed Evander's shoulder, making him sit up on the bed. "Are you alright? Does it hurt?" I asked, scanning his face just to see it was a little red. As I stood between his thighs, Evander carefully studied my worried self.

"Yes," he finally answered. A soft smile was on my face as I leaned down with intentions of pressing a soft quick kiss on his lips but as our lips connected, it became difficult to let go. Evander kissed me back, throwing all the emotions he could into the kiss. My fingers dove into his hair, gently tugging at the strands as I leaned into him automatically.

"They're gonna try to take you away from me," he says after pulling away. I frowned as he revealed his thoughts to me. "I won't let them," I tried to assure him. Silence fell on us as I just stared at the beautiful creature in front of me.

"When we get back I'm taking you on a date," he announced, pushing away the blonde strands of hair away from my face. My eyes shot up in surprise as I grinned. "You are?" My fingers rolled down his head and settled around his neck. Evander smiled proudly, pressing our bodies closer together. "Yes, right after we arrive," he continued.

"Well then yes Evander I would love to go on a date with you, thank you for asking," I sarcastically say, pulling away from him as I walked into my closet to retrieve my two suitcases. "Didn't know I had to ask," Evander replied.

My eyes playfully rolled. "Do you need help?" He asked. I bite my lip, considering the thought. "Yeah, just take all of that and throw it in here," I answered, handing him one of the suitcases as we got to work, packing up most of my things.

_♤_

"I'll visit soon, I promise," I tell them, my parents were nowhere to be seen. They all were there, staring at Evander and I. Honestly, I felt like I didn't belong there, I felt like they didn't want me anymore or maybe they hated me for being with my mate. I understood where they were coming from but I wasn't going to deny myself happiness.

Renee walked forward, throwing her arms around me, taking me by surprise. "Please be safe, make sure you're happy, I'm so sorry your parents did that," she told me and as we pulled back I noticed her watery eyes. "This isn't goodbye, Ren, I'll see you soon," I assured her, not wanting to think about my so-called parents.

She hugged me tightly again before we pulled away. "Stay safe," she whispered before returning next to her brother. "Thank you for what you did for Everest, I don't think she would ever trust another doctor like you," William spoke, taking me by surprise.

He's humble today.

"Anytime," I tightly smiled. "Jay?" I tried, his eyes darted away from me and I sighed. He's definitely not going to speak to me for a while.