》50

Chapter fifty! Ah! Six more chapters left! Thank you for those of you who are still reading up to this point, I don't know why you are but thank you♡

My eyes fluttered open, already seeing the warm brown eyes that I loved.

"Good morning," his deep husky voice reached my ears. "You're incredibly beautiful, I can't seem to ever get over that," Evander continued before I can say anything else. His finger drug down the side of my face to outline my jawline.

"You never stop," I mumbled, closing my eyes as I remembered everything that happened last night and only finished two hours ago when our bodies were bruised and worn out.

"For you? never," he whispered before kissing my mark. A soft moan fell from my parted lips at the bliss that swept through my body at the simple action.

"Your dad called, he said he wants to have breakfast with us and it's urgent so we're going to that place in the city," Evander explained.

I groaned, not wanting to leave the comfort of the bed and being so open to vulnerable Evander. "I should probably go get ready," I sighed, pushing myself off the bed.

"I thought you were moving in here," Evander frowned. yes, I did agree to share a room with him but I haven't gotten the chance to move my things here even if most of it was already in a suitcase. "Would you help me when we come home?" I challenged.

Evander rolled his eyes but agreed anyway. "Of course, now go get dressed," he suggested his eyes dipped lower down my chest. His shirt was doing very little to cover my body.

"I'm going," I replied before padding out of the room.

_♤_

The chains above the door chimed as we entered. His hand in the middle of my back never moved as we looked through the small cafe, finally spotting Jessie and my father in the corner.

"Hey," Evander and I said at the same time as we slid into our chairs. The seriousness of both of their faces made my face fall. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Let the food get here. We already ordered waffles and chocolate chips," Jessie finally said something. I mind swirled with all the possibilities that could happen to have them so upset and serious. Was it my parents? Jayden? What if the vampires found out I was at their territory?

A couple of minutes later, the waiters dropped off our food but I was too busy worrying about what they had to say than to eat. We all didn't care about the food in front of us.

"Start talking," Evander ordered with his arms folded across his chest. "There are more rogues," My father blurted out. My eyes widened as I stared at him, clearly shocked after hearing that unexpectedly.

"What do you mean there are more rogues?" I hissed at my father, not liking what I was hearing. He frowned, looking at Evander who wore an unreadable expression. "Apparently, now that you killed the threat new ones are rising from the shadow since they aren't scared anymore," my father sighed.

Silence fell upon us as I thought. This wasn't supposed to happen. Rogues never do know when to stop, do they? "So what, after we kill one set another one is gonna pop up?" I scoffed.

"I think this is the last bit that's lurking around your pack," Jessie announced which made me slightly better. "The bullets," I blurted. I know Evander helped get rid of all of them, it can't be possible if they're more.

My father looked at me with sad eyes," there's still wolfsbane," he says softly.
I cursed below my breath, leaning into the chair. Evander's hand grabbed mine as our fingers linked below the table.

"We need to get rid of them before they get a chance to attack," I concluded, dragging my eyes away from the window. Jessie straightened his back, sitting up. "We'll help," he deadpanned in which my father nodded with agreement.

"We know nothing about them," Evander mumbled beside me as we faced the terrible fact. "I can have Lexi seduce her way to getting information like last time, but I doubt that would be easy," Jessie frowned.

"They're not our problem, my pack dealt with this shit before and I'm not going to put them in more danger," Evander decided. I turn to him with gentle eyes to see his jaw clenching and unclenching.

"This time they won't be expecting us and you have us and my coven," My father replied.

Evander flatly stared at him," like I said, not my problem."

"So are you just going to wait for them to attack your pack, unexpected? We have the upper hand here," Jessie argued back.

"Look, I've done a lot of shit in the past couple of weeks that I'm trying to make up for and this rogue shit isn't going to help with that," Evander stated, glaring at them.

I sighed, leaning my head into his arm while my thumb brushed his knuckles. "They're a threat and you can't just wait for them to attack first," I sighed.

He knew that we were right. I could feel it but he just simply didn't want to put his pack in more danger.

"How about this, you grab your important people that can help with making a decision, people who you can trust, and tell them about the rogue thing and come up with a decision on what to do," I suggested. I was trying to come to a compromise and a middle between what he wants and what we want.

The thought of just letting these rogues attack us when we know they would was stomach-churning.

"Fine, I think we should go, I can't do this breakfast thing now and we should act quick with this rogue problem," Evander decided. I didn't want to leave but at the same time, we had to.

"I agree, you should take off this Evander and you will have our entire coven fighting with you. There's no way your pack can get hurt with that," my father sincerely told him.

"Yes, thank you. We'll do this again after everything blows over," the both of us stood up, the chairs pushing back as we stepped out of them. "Yes, of course, call me," Jessie replied, saying the last part to me and I gave him a short nod.

"Alright, bye," I hugged my father before we were buckling the seat belts of his van.

"This crap just had to happen all over again," Evander angrily exaggerated as we drove to his house. "It's gonna be okay, trust me, we have a lot more than they expect," I tried to assure him, my hand sliding onto his thigh to take his spare loose hand and held it with mine.

"It's gonna be okay."

For the rest of the drive home, it was silent. After parking the van in his garage and getting into the house, then he finally spoke. "I think you need a nap before I call the meeting," he suggested.

"I wonder why," I mumbled below my breath as I slipped off the coat and hung it on the hanger. "You want me there?" I asked, somehow surprised. Evander looked at me like I had gone mad. "Of course I want you there. You make decisions for the pack just as much as I do," he told me and although he couldn't see it, my heart was doing flips.

I walked to him, about to kiss him when someone cleared their throat, stealing our attention.

"Jayden?"