》53

I ran back into the house, finding my suitcase

I ran back into the house, finding my suitcase. I changed into something thick and tight, following Evander and pulling on my combat boots before running out of the house.

The packhouse was hectic when I entered. I could tell they all were trying to remain calm as they ran about. Nobody paid attention to me when I walked into the armory. Most of the weapons were already gone but there was still a lot more. I shoved three knives into my boots. A belt tightened around my waist filled with blades and two guns.

For my main weapons, I went with two swords. Hopefully, those three years of fencing classes paid off. Not long after I raced to the border where the screams and shouts were coming from.

Immediately, I spotted my father tearing off the head of another. I should get used to that.

"Stupid wolf," someone snarled beside me. A knife was thrust at my chest but I dodged it, shoved my sword into his back, and pulled it out.

I moved closer into the fight. There were a lot of people here and it worried me. This army was much bigger than the one in New York at the Blue Lilac pack.

Next, I'm suddenly pushed to the ground, the swords flying out of my grasp. My eyes widened when I saw the filthy brown-haired man approaching me with a smug look on his face. He acted so quickly, I wasn't even given time to make a move.

The soul of his shoe pressed deep in the curve of my neck and over my throat. My hands were trying to push his shoe off but the more that I tried the harder he pressed down on my throat with a wicked and merciless grin on his face.

"Goodbye, little wolf," he snickered out. My eyes widened as I stared at the gun in his hand that was pointed to the middle of my forehead.

"Goodbye to you, idiot!" I hear someone shout before I realized that it was Jessie. He came in with a full force, knocking the rogue off me before beheading him.

Well, that's a lovely sight.

I gasped, trying to calm down my heart. A hand appeared in front of me and I accepted it, standing to my feet and grabbing my swords. "You aren't supposed to be here," Jessie cautiously looked at me.

"And these rogues aren't supposed to be here either," I snapped. Everyone was going to tell me that I shouldn't be here but who was them to decide this?

"Let's get you to Evander so he can...help," Jessie suggested. I huffed but followed him anyway. "Jessie, duck!" I hear Lexi shouted from across the field. Both bent out backs, dodging bullets aimed at our heads.

"They never stop," Jessie mumbled to himself, grabbing my head and pulling me through the trees.

My eyes softened in relief when I spot him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Evander hissed, pulling me into his chest for a quick hug before shoving me behind him. I turned around, pressing my back to his as we circled. "You doubt me, Ev," I told him, looking at any possible attackers.