77

" Fly me to the moon
               Let me play among the stars
                             Let me see what spring is like "

The lobby music is soft as my feet step out of the elevator, my fingertips pushing the dark sunglasses onto my face as Alex guides my back. The oversized hoodie engulfs my body and I dig my hands into my pockets although all I wish is that they were intertwined with his at the moment.  Yet beggars can't be choosers.

Alex was concerned we'd run into fans on our way down and although I insisted on leaving alone and merely going back to the buses like nothing had happened the night before he insisted he go with me.  Yes i'm stubborn, yet no where near as stubborn as Alex Turner himself.

" I cant see" I giggle, pulling my hands out of my pockets with the intention to adjust the large hood that is now covering over my eyes yet before I can reach it Alex is already messing with it, pulling it back and allowing me sight once again before fixing the strands of my hair away from my face. His fingers graze my cheek as he does so and my stomach bubbles from joy. " thank youuu" I softly speak, extending out the u's and doing everything in my power to avoid squealing like a child. He doesn't respond and simply rewards me with a soft smile, the image of it enough to make me say thank you once again for the pleasure of seeing it. We pass by a dining hall as we approach the back and my eyes scan the large chandeliers and the black and white tables, the large window walls lighting up the room completely.

" Are you hungry love?" He asks, his fingertips grazing the tops of my fingers as if he's anxious to hold my hand but hesitant to do so at all. I know he's only protecting me and wants to avoid any fan drama but my heart still stings slightly at this new distance. Things were much different upstairs when the world around us didn't exist and it was just me and him. I shake my head and he tilts his head, already very aware that im lying. " We can go somewhere else if the dining hall is not good enough?" He asks, rushing his words and taking my answer the wrong way.

" No-" I giggle. Im not one of his last conquests. He doesn't need to woo me and I'm not with him for the luxuries he can provide. " I would be fine sitting at a drive thru with you" I giggle, a smile widening his face at the sight of me smiling like a child. " I just don't want to be late-" I frown, the light in his eyes slightly fading at my words. I know he's just as annoyed by our responsibilities as I am. " We can just pick up a muffin from like a shop or something" I shrug and he nods his head, leading us towards the small gift shop right behind the dining hall.

" Welcome In" The uninterested and groggy teenager speaks from the front counter, his hands slowly and uninterestedly stocking the chocolate bars on the rack on the counter. I reply back with a small thank you before stepping farther in, my eyes scanning the long line of key chains, mugs and puzzles.

" Blueberry, Banana nut or chocolate?" Alex asks from several feet away, his eyes knit half way shut as if he's scanning me and anticipating a right or wrong answer. I laugh lightly at the sight and approach him looking at the selection and looking intently as if I already don't know what my answer is.

" Blueberry." I huff, turning to look at him before i speak. He smiles lightly and taps the top of my nose.

" Right answer." He nods before grabbing two blueberry muffins and taking them to the counter with him. I watch as the guy at the counter ignores him, his headphones blasting music too loud for him to notice Alex as he approaches him. He turns to look back at me and shrugs his shoulder, a smile tugging at my lips at the sight of him merely existing with me. It's crazy how everything can change over night. " You alright there mate?" He asks the boy as he removes his headphones from his ears. The boy nods his head and mutters an apology before grabbing the muffins and scanning them. " What were ya listening to?" Alex tries and makes conversation as he pulls his wallet from his back pocket.