45

" Wise men say
Only fools rush in."

The music from the ad plays through my headphones and I reach for my drink on the counter before taking a sip. Once the five seconds pass I set my drink back down and press the skip ad button, trying my best to watch the video as quickly as possible. After leaving Alex's room I returned back into a trance of normality, making my way onto the bus and avoiding the others as we drove to the venue. Once we got there we stepped off and got to work, my attitude thick and strict as I directed the crew even though they already knew what to do. They didn't question my cruel behavior at any time and eventually we were able to finish even earlier than we had before. Something they didn't mind. Afterwards the tech crew and studio hands all went out to get lunch, but I much preferred to stay back. I much rather possibly spend my time with Derek and Alex than have to go out there and visit my wretched hometown and possibly see anyone I know. For now I just want to get past this stop in the tour and possibly just skim through the rest of it. I have no motivation to continue doing this, especially with all the deceitful and fake people surrounding me.

" So we're gonna be performing trouble." Matt's voice says through the headphones. My attention reverts away from a random corner in the room and I move it towards my phone. I had been texting Matt when Jack arrived with some lunch for me and I was able to eat before Matt sent me a link, telling me he just did a set and interview in Nashville and that I should watch it. Something he always does. The sound of his guitar rings from the headphones and I watch with a smile as he begins to sing and play guitar, his eyebrows and eyes scrunching together when he hits a note or sings a lyric that resonates within him. The song continues and I find myself pulling fries from the bag even after I told myself I was full. Once the sound ends I pull my headphones from my ears and exit out of YouTube, clicking on the message app and pulling up the group chat with the boys from cage.

To Cage The Losers: aww you guys are so cute, you guys did sooooo good:))) miss seeing you guys perform live ugh :((

The sound of what I think is someone clearing their throat from in front of me fills my ears as I type in my phone, my fingers moving quickly across the keypad. They clear their throat a bit louder than before again and I look up shortly, finding a new and young crew member standing in front of me. I raise an eyebrow at him and he scratches the back of his neck before clearing his throat again. He opens his mouth to speak but closes it almost immediately after. Once I finally finish typing I send the message before setting my phone down and looking up at the crew member with a raised eyebrow. He scratches the back of his neck again and I use my hands to motion for him to continue and to start talking.

" Uhmm." He stutters and I nod, expecting him to talk a little faster. Although I understand him. Today I seemed pretty intimidating and this is the first tour he's been working on. " I-I went to go talk to the opening act, like uhm like you said and well there's a problem." He says and I roll my eyes before groaning and getting up, motioning for him to follow me as I walk.

We make our way to the backstage and he points me towards Christo's dressing room. I make my way there and as I reach for the knob I flinch, a crashing noise from inside frightening me. I stand still for several seconds before barging in, catching Christo throwing things around and shouting. I step back and try to step away from his wrath but he continues on.

" Fucking bitch." He shouts throwing a chair across the room and going up to kick it. " I gave her everything she could have asked for!" I shout his name but it's almost completely useless against his very own shout and the sound of his destruction. " why?" Why would she do that?" He shouts turning to look at me, his eyes bloodshot and his face paler than his usual darker complexion. I start to slowly walk up to him but he turns around and punches the wall, making me stop in my spot.