53

"  Tonight,
Bleeding from the holes in my face."

The sound of Matt's voice singing startles me in my spot and I jump slightly, looking away from Alex as he approaches me before gazing up at the stage. I rush away from my spot and briskly walk towards the front of the stage, trying to seem as neutral as possible as I steady myself in my spot. I would have never expected to see the boys from cage here but for some reason my bewilderment is higher when realizing that Alex is here as well. Derek never spoke of them performing for a private show. Yet again he doesn't tell me a lot of things. Especially when it has anything to do with Alex.

" Hey." I mutter coming up by Shay's side as I reach the front of the stage and find her already standing there. She gives me a warm smile and gazes up at Matt as he sings, holding the mic close to his lips and curling his fingers on his opposite hand as he extends it out towards the crowd of people. Several surprisingly young individuals nod their heads to the music and I look up at one of my best friends, smiling as he kneels down to sing to me. I roll my eyes and he grins, lifting himself back up before walking up to Nick as he plays his guitar.

" Didn't think you'd be here." He says by my side, neither of us turning to look at one another as we gaze up at Matt performing. I shrug my shoulders and stay composed in my place as he speaks again. " Is that the fella you're always talking to?" He questions as I smile up at Matt while he sings passionately. I nod my head but continue looking away from him, my body still unready to see his features. Matt smiles down at me as he sings before turning to look at the man standing next to me. His face switches to one of confusion but he simply looks away, choosing to ignore him and continue his performance as best as he can.

" What are you doing here?" I question, swaying back and forth as the band continues to perform. He shrugs his shoulders and I huff, being bothered by the fact that he is mocking me and simply shrugging at my question.  I was the one that was suppose to be secluded and silent and annoying. He was the one that barged out of my bus like a maniac.

" I got invited by the ceo." He finally informs me and I nod my head, neither of us bothering to look at one another during our conversation. I'm slightly taken aback by the easiness in which he's talking to me but I don't bother getting away." Thought it would be nice to get out." He shrugs and I just nod, continuing to sway back and forth to the music as the band performs. " and you?" He questions, shuffling back and forth in his spot.

" Just thought it'd be nice to get out." I shrug a smirk already pulling at my lips. He chuckles deeply by my side and I see a devilish smile unwillingly pull at his lips from the corner of my eye. Neither of us bother saying anything else and we simply watch the band finish their performance, never looking at one another during the thirty minute set.

" What'd you think?" Matt asks, his breathing heavy as he approaches me and gives me a side hug. I laugh lightly and watch as he uses his other hand to hold a towel against his face, wiping off the clear build up of sweat during his intense performance.

" Eh it was average." I tease him a wide grin already pulling at my lips from being able to see my best friend in person in what seems like years. He rolls his eyes at my remark and kisses my forehead before looking forward and gazing at the man already staring intently at our exchange. " Matt this is the frontman of the band Im touring with." I try to introduce them as they gaze at one another deeply. Alex opens his mouth to introduce himself but closes it shortly after as Matt begins to speak before he can.

" No yeah, I know you." He huffs, looking at Alex fully before clearing his throat. " Big fan of your work-" he shrugs, letting out a light laugh before speaking again. " But not of you." He states bluntly, the smile wiping off of his face. I hit his shoulder and give him a stern glare as he looks down at me and rolls his eyes. " Nice to meet you." He says bluntly and almost barbarically, extending his hand out in a confident manner. I hold my breath and watch as Alex returns the exchange, clearing his throat and shuffling back and forth in his spot. He seems extremely uncomfortable, almost vulnerable and I can't help but he intrigued by this side of him.