78

" Marceline, I'm coming to get you, girl
We're flying so high, catch a ride on lady unicorn"

I whisper sing to myself as I walk through the backstage, my eyes and body wandering around looking for a door with the number 3 planted ontop of it. It takes me almost 20 minutes to walk through the whole backstage and before giving up I decide to make another walkthrough, 5 minutes in being lucky enough to recognize a slightly darker outline of a 3 on a door where there once was a plaque. My fingers reach for the doorknob and my heart races and stops all at once, my body following as I stop myself from opening the door and raise my fist to knock before I make an impulsive decision.

I haven't seen Alex since this morning when we parted ways at the hotel but the image of his face and body has been imprinted in my brain and I've found him crossing my mind every breathing second.

" You're fine. It's fine." I repeat to myself, trying to calm my once again racing heart. " You're fine. It's okay. It's just Alex. It's just Alex." I try to comfort myself with the thought that it's just him but the mere mention of his name only makes my heart race even more. Although before I let the anxiety building in my brain make me turn around I use the rush of adrenaline to bring my fist fully towards the door, the sound of a knock cutting through any oxygen that i've managed to collect in the last few seconds of me standing. " Fuck." I mutter, the door now beginning to move open.

" Hi-" His voice is bubbly, the anxiety instantly fading and being filled with a completely euphoric set of butterflies floating and fluttering in the very pit of my stomach. " And to what do i owe the pleasureeeee-" he extends his words playfully, my smile brightening and widening with each passing second. And before I know it, his hands grab at mine and he pulls me forward, bringing me into the room with him and shutting the door behind us. His hands moving forward, one hand finding the side of my face and the other my waist. " hello sweetheart-" he sing songs, the once disgusting name sounding much more different now. I mouth a hi back and he leans forward, giving me just what i've been missing. Our lips are soft and swift as they dance with one another, the thought that I could live like this forever floating in my mind as he continues to kiss me. Minutes pass and the butterflies slowly control their pace in my stomach as he pulls away, rubbing his thumb against my cheek before stepping away and removing his face from against mine. " What brought you here doll?" he asks, reaching for some licorice on the counter of his dressing room vanity and leaning against the end of the couch that is right in front of me. I shrug my shoulders and a wide smile spreads across his face as he realizes I merely came to see him for no other reason other than I wanted to.

" What have you been up to?" I ask as he pulls another strand of licorice and walks around the end of the couch towards the front of it. I follow suit and stand at the front of it as he lays his body over it, his legs slipping off the side of it. A smile tugs at my lips at the sight and I lean forward and poke at the tip of his nose. He's taken aback by the action and my insecurities grow but before I can regret my decision, the shocked expression turns into a bubbly one. I can tell he hasn't been a man of non sexual intimacy and affection and being completely honest, neither have I.

" Ive spent most of the morning wondering what excuse I would make to lure you into my dressing room." he tells me in his soft and playful tone. The smile on my face widens even more although I thought at this point there was no possible way it could. " I missed you-" he whispers, my ears almost failing to catch it.

" I did too." I whisper back, watching him as he scoots himself up in the couch and sits up, pulling at my wrist shortly after and bringing me towards him. He brings his face to mine and collides our lips, my lips missing the feeling after only seemingly a minute or two. Yet this time we don't pull away and instead get closer, his body sitting up on the couch and my legs going to the sides of his thighs as I begging to straddle him. Yet although we're in the perfect position to touch either sexually neither of us make any moves and instead enjoy the feeling of our lips pressed against one another. His hand cups the side of my face and he rubs my cheek, moving back and forth between doing this and playing with my hair.