19

" The moon is there for you tonight, I feel the beating of heart."

I hum along to my music as I try my best to shake the dampness from my hair inside of the pit stop bathroom. I fail miserably and I turn to look at one of the assistants next to me who I'm aware is named Maribel. The noise from her blow dryer is engulfing the whole room and drowning out my music but when she finally turns it off I turn to speak to her.

" Hey, can I borrow that?" I ask her and as she opens her mouth to speak she is interrupted as the other assistant, Amy, almost unnoticeably nudges her shoulder and looks at her with wide eyes. She turns to look at her before gazing back at me.

" Uhm, Amy was going to use it after me. Sorry" she says with a guilty grin. I mouth an "oh" before shrugging it off and continuing to try my best with my hands. Amy uses it and quickly puts it away and by now I'm aware that she doesn't like me very much and forced her friend to not let me use it. I'm not exactly sure why she has something against me and I don't really care. If she has a problem with me, it's one sided. I just hope it doesn't cause problems with my job.

" You done?" Clair asks me and I nod my head. Shay stayed with her boyfriend last night as well as this morning so I've been spending my time with Clair.

Last night after the show and the almost kiss with Derek I came back and was surprised to find Clair waiting for me. Fortunately she's a very private and respectful person so she didn't ask any questions and just worried for my safety. " are you excited for tonight's show?" Clair asks me and I nod my head. After listening to the band perform at the radio show I began to get extremely excited for tonight's show on an actual stage. Who knows what will happen? An uneasy feeling crawls in my stomach when the thought of something going wrong pops up in my head. "Yeah, I'm excited to get some good shots." She smiles like a child and I nod my head. I can tell that's she very passionate about photography and for a second I imagine myself. I can't remember the last time I was able to sit down and do what I loved when it didn't have to do with my job. Music isn't my only passion but it's somehow become the only thing I have time for now a days. Just a part of living the dream I guess.

" What time do we have to be at the venue?" I ask her and she pulls out a planner from her bag. I laugh lightly at her compulsive habits as I walk by her side, waiting for the info.

" Uhm, the show starts at 7. " she states before continuing to skim her planner. " So we have to be there by noon." I mutter a thank you before pulling out my phone and looking at the time. It's 11:12 and I'm hopeful that we don't arrive late. The assistants better hurry up.

Me and Clair make our way back onto the bus and we settle down, preparing for our departure. My phone rings in my pocket once were laying down in the lounge area and I pull it out.

Matt:(Picture image)

I open up the image and it reveals a somewhat blurry photo that Matt took with the band. It consists of them laying on a couch or on spinning chairs while looking down at their phones or notepads. I can tell by the environment surrounding them that they're in the studio working so I decide to tease him.

To:Matt- Stop joking around loser and get to work lol

I laugh at my somewhat sarcastic response before putting my phone on my lap and gazing up at the buses ceiling. What is taking the girls so long? I pull out my phone again and gaze at the time once more. It reads 11:24 and I groan, mentally pulling on my hair. Clair gazes back at me with an eyebrow raised and I just roll my eyes. She quickly catches on and just shrugs her shoulders, obviously not as bothered with the girl's behavior as I am. My phone rings again and I pull it out.

Matt: Ok mom

I laugh to myself again before putting my phone away, not wanting to bother him any longer. I'll call him later after the show, when neither of us are busy, it'll be quite late but I'm sure it won't be too late.

" I don't care." Amy scoffs making her way onto the bus. " He's not our dad, he can't tell me what to do." She states before her friend walks in shortly after. I gaze at them as they enter but neither of them take notice and simply walk past us. When they're finally out of reach me and Clair let out a quiet giggle at the fact that they look like a pair of gossiping teenagers. They must be freshmen in college or something of that sort.

" I don't care." Clair teases Amy and I laugh and cover my mouth desperately hoping neither of them hear us. I hit Clair's shoulder and both of us continue to laugh. Shortly after our laughter dies down I pull out my phone and gaze at the time on my phone. It's 11:37 and the venue isn't very far from us so I let out a sigh of relief and decide to pull up Twitter once again. Once I'm on I see tweets flooding my mentions, more than usual. I swallow the lump in my throat and quickly open it. A certain one by a sweet person with a familiar @ catches my attention and I click on what seems to be a quoted tweet. The @ tagged me in a tweet from an update account I'm unfamiliar with.

AMupdates: "Alex running after a mysterious brunette (picture image)"

I open up the picture and I watch as an image that was taken from what seems to be a room in the hotel pops up on my phone. The image shows Alex running towards me as I make my way back towards the van. I swallow the lump in my throat before holding my phone towards Clair. She scrunches her eyes to get a better look at the image and her eyes widens once she notices the two familiar people in the picture. She makes a shocked "oh" sound before gazing back up at me.

" sucks for you?" She teases and I roll my eyes playfully before nudging her shoulder. " I thought you'd get use to it after everything with Cage." She states and I shrug my shoulders, my eyes still scanning the image.

" I thought I would too." I say looking back between me and Alex before my eyes land on the wide grin he has in the picture as he goes after me. He really does enjoy bothering the living crap out of me.

A/N: sorry another boring and short chapter but this chapter is actually really important lol, you just don't know it yet ;)