13

"Some want to kiss, some want to kick you. There's not a net you couldn't slip through."

A familiar voice sings loudly in order to interrupt us. Derek pulls himself away from me and quickly stands up, turning around in order to gaze at the person coming inside of the room. When the man connected to the voice finally comes into view my eyes roll subconsciously.

"Hey there, sweetheart." Alex stands against the doorway leaning his shoulder against the edge while his arms are crossed over his chest. A large grin is covering his face and I can tell that's he amused with the way he stopped us from what we were about to do. What were we about to do? Was Derek going to kiss me? Was I going to let him?

Derek walks towards Alex with a clenched jaw and a heaving chest. Why is he so affected by Alex? I can sense some bad blood between them. He seems extremely agitated and I'm scared to see what will happen between them. Part of me is afraid that Derek will harm him too much and the other part of me wants him to teach him a lesson for interrupting us and constantly calling me sweetheart. It's what most girls would call a sweet gesture but there always seems to be venom hidden behind the nickname when he uses it towards me.

" Alex." Derek warns him in a rough tone, now only standing one foot away from him. Alex shifts his weight onto his feet and attempts to stand boldly. He is trying to intimidate him but it's almost impossible due to the fact that Derek is taller and much more muscular.

" Hey, mate." Alex says with a cheeky yet devilish grin plastered on his face. He places his hand on Derek's shoulder and Derek shakes him off less than a second later. " Did I interrupt something?" He asks, looking back and forth between us while laughing lightly. He's asking just for the sake of bugging us even more because we know that he already knows the answer to the question he's asking. I sigh heavily and shake my head back and forth. This man is ridiculous. He looks back and forth between us before beginning to step towards me.

" We were just leaving." Derek says as he places his hand over Alex's chest in order to stop him from moving any closer towards me. He gazes at me and I nod my head before lifting myself up and beginning to walk towards the exit.

" Send my regards to Amy." I hear Alex say as we walks out and I watch from the corner of my eye as Derek flinches during the mention of the name.

" Are you ok?" I ask Derek and he nods his head before stepping away from me and rushing down the stairs of the hotel. I want to go after him but his new behavior is distant and I don't want to intervene. I barely know him and I have no right to get too involved.

I begin to make my way towards the elevator and step onto it. I make my way down stairs and continue helping with the baggage. As I work my mind wanders and it goes towards Derek. He was incredibly attractive and seemed interesting enough. I've never really bothered to flirt with men or show interest when they flirted with me but I find Derek very intriguing and I'm hoping to get to know him. He is my boss and I'm sure we'll be talking a lot. Hopefully our conversations will have to do with more than just work.

" That was the last of them." Jack informs me when I make my way towards him. I nod my head and we all make our way back towards the buses. We drive until we reach a a pit stop nearby and everyone gets off in order to freshen up and shower.

I stand in front of the mirror and adjust my hair as Clair and the assistants stand next to me. Clair doing the same as me while the assistants pile makeup on their faces. Shay informed that she would stay with her boyfriend at the hotel. Part of me was upset that she wouldn't be accompanying us but I understood. A hotel bathroom is very likely 1000 times better than a pit stop restroom. Plus she is looking forward to spending time with her boyfriend. The thought of Alex and her being together comes crawling back to my mind and my pity for her boyfriend resurfaces. I still haven't had the privilege to meet the man but I'm extremely curious. I haven't known her for very long and I have no right to be involved in her relationships but my curiosity for Alex fuels my curiosity over what they have. Maybe Alex is her boyfriend? Is is even possible for him to be in a relationship? I can't imagine him caring for anyone in that way. Unless he was trying to get into her pants, but even then I think he would give up after a short period of time and chase someone else.

I shake my thoughts away and do the same to my hair in order to try my best to dry it from the shower. After we've all finished we make our way back to the buses and settle down. The concert isn't until tomorrow but this evening the band has an interview and a performance with a radio show. I was planning on going in order to show my interest in working for the band but a part of myself feels like I won't be wanted or needed. The stage doesn't have to be set up until tomorrow but I'm still not sure if they'll need us to set up their mics and instruments for the small performance. Usually the radio's crew takes part in setting everything up but I'm not sure if it'll be the same this time. 

" Hey, we don't have to do anything until tomorrow so do you want to do some site seeing?" Clair asks pulling me away from my thoughts and worries. I nod my head and she gives me a sweet smile before going back to scroll on her phone. I feel rude for not replying verbally but I don't have enough in me currently to put effort into having a conversation. I just want to relax and clear my head completely. Maybe even for just a night. I shake the thought away and try my best to not think about it. It would be unprofessional of me to get drunk the night before my first official job as a stage manager. Not to mention I get extremely moody and annoyed after a hangover. I want to be able to lead our team. I don't want to be walking around leading my team with a headache and no strength. I pull out my phone and send a quick text to Matt and apologize for not calling him back after I finished helping with the bags. After the situation between Derek and Alex my mind became completely consumed by both of them. Then eventfully I became focused on preparing myself for the day during the pit stop. I hold my phone for several minutes but then decide to put it back into my pocket after I realize that he is busy and is not going to answer me anytime soon. He's more than likely just gotten to the studio. It's almost noon and he usually heads to the studio at 10. The thought I had last night about not being able to hold friendships and relationships comes back and I fail to shake it off. How will me and Matt stay friends while we're both working? I'm free during the afternoon but he's busy and while I'm working in the evening he's free. How will I hold a friendship with someone when our schedules never seem to line up. What about relationship wise? What if me and Derek show interest in one another but we're unable to hold what we have. What if we work on different tours? Ive never bothered to put much thought into being in a relationship with someone, especially not Derek, but the thought of having someone, anyone, and not being able to hold a relationship with them is implanted on my mind.

The driver parks the buses in the hotels back parking lot and me and Clair set a foot outside. The sun is still up and I pull out my phone to gaze at the time. It's 11:49 and from reading the schedule I know the interview starts at 6. Should I invite Shay with me and Clair? I haven't seen or spoken to her since this morning and she's more than likely spending time with her boyfriend. I mentally scold myself for not exchanging numbers with her and put my phone back into my pocket. Me and Clair begin to walk towards the front of the hotel and into the city but our attention is caught when we hear a body run towards us.

" Hey." Derek rushes towards us before stopping when he reaches us and breathing heavily. " You girls need some extra company?" They say 3s a crowd but I wouldn't want to leave Clair behind.