Chapter 1.

'Mom, you seriously don't trust me? Come on!'

'Donna, I'm just worried.'

'You don't have to be worried. Hell, Dad said yes!'

'Okay, honey... only if you are ready. No one's forcing you.'

'Of course, I'm ready! I was born ready!'

Donna smiled and charged in for a hug. Her parents, quite surprised at this, hugged her back tightly.

'You know, I appreciate it, Mom... and Dad, of course.'

'We've learned not to say no. You won't let us, anyway.' said her father, chuckling. He walked into the living room and plopped on the couch, occasionally yelling at the TV.

'Okay, you've got everything?' asked her mom, looking tensely at her daughter.

'Yep. All packed up in one neat suitcase.'

'Extra underwear, bras, hair ties-'

'Mom... I've got it all.' Donna said, placing her hand gently on her mother's shoulder and squeezing it softly.

Her mom smiled and ran her fingers through her daughter's hair. Who could believe it had already been twenty-two years since Donna was a newborn?

'Okay, mom, I'm gonna sleep now. Alright?'

'Alright sweetheart. What time do you want me to wake you up?'

'Oh don't worry about that, I've put on my alarm.'

'Alright, Donna.' her mom replied, kissing her on her cheek.

Donna ran up the stairs like a kid on Christmas morning looking for his presents.

'NIGHT DAD!' she yelled from her room.

But her dad had already fallen asleep on the couch.

Donna stepped into her bathroom. As she gazed in the mirror, she combed her wavy chestnut hair, her grey eyes sparkled as she thought about tomorrow. She brushed her teeth and threw herself on her bed.

Gazing up at the ceiling, she thought about the adventures that were yet to come. She tried shutting her eyes, but she was way too excited to sleep. Her phone buzzed with a message:

'1 new message from Ryan.'

Ignoring it, she placed it on her cabinet and turned the other way. Her eyelids slowly drooped and she fell into a comfortable slumber.