Chapter 11

Donna wasn't ready for the dinner date. At least she didn't feel ready.

It was already 8 pm. Alex had gone down to ask around for dining places. Meanwhile, Donna pulled out dresses she'd look good in. She'd gotten a summer dress, which looked gorgeous on her, but she wasn't sure it would be right for a date.

It was white and yellow, with small sunflower patterns across it. It was pretty short, ending about 4 inches above her knees. And it was sleeveless.

As for shoes, she had brought along one pair of heels, but with that ankle, she wasn't gonna risk wearing it.

Moments later, Alex stepped in to find Donna wearing the yellow dress.

'Hey, I found-' as she looked at Donna, she was in awe. She's never looked more beautiful before.

'Uhh...'. Alex stuttered. It's like she'd forgotten to speak.

Donna smiled. The dress worked, no doubt.

'Does it look okay?' she asked Alex.

'Uhm, yes... yes it does. You look... amazing.'

Donna blushed like a little girl. 'Thank you. Now you gonna get dressed?'

Alex tripped while walking. 'Yes, gimme a moment.'

Alex grabbed an outfit from her bag. Minutes later, she stepped out, and this time, it was Donna's turn to drool.

Alex wore a dark black dress, which hugged her perfect body. The neck cut was so low it made Donna blush. The full sleeves outlined her shapely arms.

'I... wow.' Donna faltered. Alex looked seductively amazing.

'Thank you.' she smiled. That smile made Donna want her so bad.

'Shall we?' Donna held out her hand, and arm in arm, they stepped out.

Illinois was naturally a romantic place. The colorful lights lit up the streets, and the fountains and parks graced the streets. Little shops bordered the footpaths, and the onlookers would stop and gaze at the waterworks.

Donna squeezed Alex's arm. 'Well, where are we going?'

'It's this place called 'Winter's Tale.'. It's pretty fancy, and they've got good reviews. But that isn't even the best part.'

'Then what is? That sounds pretty amazing by itself.'

'Mhmm. It's all on me.'

'What?! No, Alex, come on-'

'It's decided. It's on me.'

'I- Alex, that's hardly fair.'

'It is. Just let me, okay?'

Reluctantly, Donna agreed. They both walked through the streets until they reached a huge brownstone type restaurant that looked so much like the houses in New York, Donna felt a pang of homesickness.

Stepping inside, both of them stared around in awe. The whole restaurant was old-timey. The lighting, the tables... everything.

A waiter appeared out of nowhere and guided them to a table.

'I'll give you fifteen minutes to order, yes?' he asked, in his strong french accent.

'Sure.' replied Alex.

They ended up ordering a Tomato Consomme and Smoked Ricotta Tortelli, which looked just as fancy as it sounded, and tasted just as delicious as it was promised.

They ordered a Cabernet as a drink to get started with. The waiter unscrewed the cork and poured their drinks down a fancy looking glass.

They smiled at each other and raised a toast.

'Well, let's get this date started, shall we?' said Alex, smiling.