Here I am

Copyright © 2012 OneLove_OneDream
All Rights Reserved.

                                      ~*~*~*~

Catalina’s pov

When I came too, the first thing I saw was Trevor’s retreating form. “I have to go,” he said rather gruffly before he began to walk away. I don’t know what came over me but I didn’t want him to leave, something in me stirred as I watched him leave, turning his back on me.

“Where are you going?” I asked abruptly before I could stop myself.

I watched as he stopped, but yet didn’t turn around. I kept my eyes trained on him trying to understand why did he not want to look at me. Had I done something wrong? I couldn’t recall doing something wrong. Okay, I did want to walk away from him and Joey…

Joey!

I tore my eyes off his back, to look and see where was Joey. He wasn’t anywhere to be seen, but I did see someone that I had not seen before I passed out, however, he was not a stranger, much. It was the guy who had harassed me at the party, the one who said I smelled delicious. He was having an angry stare down with Rachael, who looked as pissed as I had ever seen her. She was being held back by Katie and for a good reason too. Rachael was sweet and all but she had a temper on her.

Then something hit me. I was being held up by someone. I looked up and saw Chad grinning down at me, “About time…”

This seemed to snap everyone out. Before I knew it, seven pair of eyes turned towards me, with the exception of one. I looked back towards Trevor, who stayed in the same spot. I pulled myself away from Chad, I began to walk towards him.

Once I was behind him, I placed my hand on his shoulder. “Where are you going?” I asked again. I felt a tingly sensation that sent crazy butterflies inside my stomach, as my hand laid on his shoulder. He seemed to stiffed at my touch. Maybe I shouldn’t have touched him, but I couldn’t bring myself to take my hand away.

He turned his head so his cheek touched my hand. His eyes focused on my hand before they looked up at me. His grey eyes seemed to shine with so many emotions. He let out a sigh before he fully turned to face me. I still couldn’t move my hand away from his shoulder.

“I-“

 Maybe he just wanted to be away from me. The flashes of the night before on how drunk I had gotten and how I practically threw myself at him only to be rejected. Not even an immortal wanted me. I knew guys from high school didn’t want to be with me. I knew everyone thought I was a freak and even more now that I had once again pulled a stunt in collapsing after the overcrowded mall.

I pulled my hand away quickly as if keeping it there any longer burned me. “It’s okay. I shouldn’t be asking it’s none of my business.”

We stared at each other for awhile not saying anything. I tried to read his expression but apparently he was the king at keeping an emotionless face because I was unable to see anything beyond a cold front. The same look that he gave me the day he dragged me to his house.

“Well if we have enough of this little love scene, I would like to talk to Catalina.” I turned to look at that guy, who I can recall being named Adrian. I stared at him oddly. I was curious to know why he wanted to talk to me, yet I didn’t trust him. So sue me if I didn’t, he did after all tried to man handle me last time I saw him. and I was pretty sure that he was also a vampire with the whole “you smell good” mumble jumble.

He turned his brown eyes onto me. A smile spread across his lips as if he was trying to sweeten me into speaking to him, but I wasn’t stupid. “No.” A firm voice answered for me. I didn’t have to turn to know who was the one to answer.