Angel Of Mine

Copyright © 2012 OneLove_OneDream
All Rights Reserved.

~*~*~*~

"Mine," I growled out not caring if the despicable human beings stared at me. I didn't care about anything right now that wasn't Catalina.

I had grown overly overprotective of her in the past time I had met her. I was drawn to her, but I knew best to stay away from her.

The Curse.

That retched curse that I had to deal for centuries!

But there was this odd sensation, a feeling that surged through my body each time Catalina was near me. I had never felt like this with anyone else not even with Maddie the girl I had thought I loved.

Adrian watched my every move, trying to see if I would attack. Oh sure I wanted to attack, I wanted to kill him and rip his throat out, but John, Austin and Jackson had a strong hold of me.

A hold that I was about to break if Adrian did not let go of Catalina. She watched me with wide eyes, but once I heard another whimper slip through her lips, her ruby red lips, I lost it.

I fought against my brothers, I knew I was stronger than all of them, but they were using their strength all together, which made it a bit more difficult, though not enough.

I broke free from them.

In a quick flash, I was had Adrian by the neck, his hold on Catalina not relaxing, Which only made me angler.

My inner monster, my demon growled for dominance, it growled for territorial. This man was touching something that it felt belonged to him, us, and it wasn't liking that. It specially didn't like the fact that she was being hurt by him.

"Release her," I growled not knowing how long I was capable of holding back.

Instantly, Catalina was thrown away from us. I heard her soft cry as she landed on the cold ground.

"No, don't touch me!" she screamed as I assumed one of my brothers grabbed her.

"I will murder you," I sneered into Adrian's scared face. His friends backed away, like the cowards they were.

They knew better than to cross me, no one crossed me. Not even the vampire king's son.

I was more powerful than he was, than their blood. I will murder all of them, one by one and enjoy it.

"S-Sorry I-I didn't know s-she was yours," he stuttered.

"Trevor, it's not worth it, let him go." Jackson voice said but it sounded fussy to me, not being able to recognize it.

"Austin bring her here..."

Bring who here?

What was he talking about?

I heard whimpers and then from the corner of my eye, I saw her.

Catalina.

I turned my full on attention to her, not once releasing my hold on Adrian. I was not that distracted. Austin had her in his arms, holding her up as her legs wanted to give in. She looked so scared and lost, frighten out of her mind.

Her big blue eyes seemed to grow even bigger as she stared at me with tears rolling down her cheeks, her lip trembled and she seemed to shake, I was scared she would break.

I watched as Austin bend down and whispered something into her ear. I hissed at the closeness of them, but he was my brother, one of the few that would not betray me.

Catalina shook her head, saying no to the suggestion that Austin had asked?

"Please," he whispered pleading.

Sighing, Catalina closed her eyes, when she opened them she directed her gaze onto mine. I felt a dozen weights on me when she looked at me that way. It seemed as if she was only seeing me and no one else.

Something in me stirred.

"Trevor, please let him go," I was filled with anger, was she protecting him?! Did she get any pleasure as his closeness.

"I-I want you with me, I want you to hold me, please."

Her eyes begged me, they pleaded and I couldn't say no. I released Adrain throwing him to the ground. "Come near her again and I will slaughter you, your friends and your family in no hesitation."

I walked towards Catalina and surprisingly, she ran into my arms before I reached her. I felt her arms circle around my waist as she sobbed into my chest.

"My dad will hear about this!" yelled Adrian as I picked Catalina up bridal style. My brothers stopped and John spoke his voice deathly, "Go run to your father, tell him you have upset the Fier brothers. Your father does not want us as enemies, but he might just have earned himself ones."

I decided then, it was time to go home. I looked down at Catalina her face composed as she slept in my arms, exhausted.

She looked like a beautiful angel, and angel I had to protect but stay away from all at the same time.