You are the answer

Copyright © 2012 IGarciaI

All Rights Reserved.

I felt my blood run cold when I saw his eyes. I shrank back into Austin's arms not caring that it was him, besides Austin never made a move in that way, he was looking out for me, as it seemed everyone else was as well.

"It was you! It was you who I saw in the forest!" I shrieked not really recognizing my own voice as I kept saying it over and over. Trevor looked from me to Joey, his eyes growing black with anger.

"This was your attacker?" His voice was laced with venom.

"What are you talking about? What was me?" asked Joey standing up looking at me with a confused expression. "I didn't do anything I didn't attack her!" He said after he realized what he was being accused of.

"Your eyes are red!" I shot back not knowing myself if it was him or not but I was so scared that I couldn't help myself. A part of me though, kept nagging at me saying to shut up and not be blaming him with something I wasn't sure.

"My eyes are not red!" He shot back angrily taking a step towards me but was blocked by Trevor.  Joey looked up at Trevor anger written all over his face before he seemed to resign, "Why did you call me a mutt demon? What are you trying to say with that?" He asked.

"I'm calling you on what you are, a mutt demon, half human half demon. Either your mom or your dad are a demon and the other is a human, hence why you are a mutt demon. They can't really control their emotions because of not being fully human or fully demon, they seem to think they don't belong anywhere and they try their best to fit in. In the most part they can fit in with humans, but not with the other demons, they are not well welcomed. However, when they are attracted with a human or a female demon, they are infatuated by her, obsessed even. I think that girl for you is Catalina, it always has but you never had any threat of her not being all over you until I came along, that's when your demon side was triggered."

"But I wouldn't want to hurt her," Joey said in a low voice as he took in the dried up blood on my shirt.

The room was silent for a long time everyone was looking at everyone, not knowing what to say or do. Finally the silence was broken by one person who we didn't expect. "Shit," Adrian said.

Our attention was brought to him, all of us but Joey, who kept his eyes focused on me. I was kept a well distance away from him thanks to Austin and to Trevor who stood protectively in front of me.

"If he's a half demon half human he's easier to get manipulated right?" asked Adrian.

"Right," said Trevor.

"I think he didn't mean to almost hurt Catalina," Adrian said slowly bringing everyone's full attention even Joey's. "Because he's so easily manipulated anyone with enough power and greed can get him to do their bidding, anyone like my father."

Well this was a twist of events. Why would someone want to hurt me, someone that wanted to meet me?

"Why would your father want to do that to me? He doesn't even know me. Didn't he want to meet me?" I asked moving away from Austin towards Adrian but was stopped by Trevor. I didn't fight him, as if I could if I did.

"The only reason he wants to meet you is because of the interest the Fier brother's have with you. They are not known to mingle much with humans, unless they want blood. Am I lying?" his question was directed towards them.

"You are not," answered Jackson his voice tight.

I rubbed my face roughly not understanding anything anymore. "Okay this is just about enough! I want to know everyone and I mean everything, starting with why does his father, the king of vampires, is interested in me."