To be friends or not to be

Copyright © 2012 OneLove_OneDream
All Rights Reserved.

                                      ~*~*~*~

Candle’s Pov

She smiled.

She was actually giving us a genuine smile. She said something to her friends, who looked over towards us. My heart began to pick up as the thoughts of her telling our secret to them. They were after all, her friends. She had no right to keep our secret, but she had no right to it slip out of her mouth.

I suddenly felt anger surge through me.

“Don’t try anything stupid Candle,” hissed Trevor.

He was right. Why was I getting offensive if I wasn’t sure she had opened her mouth. Here I was calling her my friend and trying to get her away from my brother, but I was now getting upset? I shook my head my curls swaying from side to side.

“Sorry,” I mumbled.

None of us moved as we watched Catalina walking towards us. It felt as if hours passed by before she was finally standing feet away from us. Her smile intact never faltering, I was surprise that she was approaching us. If we were going to be honest, we always approached her instead of her approaching us.

For the first time in my life, I felt fragile. I felt as if I was an actual teenage girl, who someone knew a secret about. In this case a human knew my secret.

“Hi,” she said weakly. At the moment her smile faltered as we looked at her blankly. Once we didn’t say anything after a few seconds of awkward silence. Someone cleared their throat, my eyes went to Chase who rocked back and forth on the heel of his shoes. Obviously he felt out of place as so did the rest of them.

Slowly, Catalina’s smile faded. Her cheeks began to get a red taint to them as she looked embarrassed. Her lips went into a flat line, “Um well I guess I’ll see you around…”

Before any of us could say anything, which seemed we weren’t, Catalina turned around quickly her blonde hair flying around her. I felt Trevor tense us as the smell of vanilla filled our nostrils. I could only imagine how hard it was for him.

The sudden smell woods hit me hard. I licked my lips as I tried to find the source of the smell. My mouth formed a small O as I found out it was coming from the retrieving Chad.

“So are we not speaking to Catalina or something?” Austin asked. “Because I actually felt bad not answering to her hello but none of you made a move to speak to her just stood their frozen. I can only imagine what she’s thinking probably thinking we don’t want anything to do with her now that she knows our secret, thought if you think about it that a very bad idea.”

We turned to look at Austin. “Shut up Austin,” said John in a dead eerie voice.

Austin shrugged his shoulders, “Just saying. If you guys don’t want to talk to her that’s on you, I actually like the girl,” a low growled was heard besides us. Austin side glanced at Trevor, giving him an are-you-serious-look, “And no not like that! She actually looks like a good girl and a good friends so if you don’t mind me…” he stepped away from us, “Catalina!”

What was he doing?

Catalina looked back at us with a confused look as her and her friends halted in midstride. I slowly looked back towards Austin.

The anger that was coming off of Trevor was suffocating, “Don’t you dare Austin don’t you da-“

Austin waved him off, “Hold on! I want to walk with you guys!” We all watched as Austin jogged towards Catalina and her friends. But we weren’t the only ones shocked and watching like hawks, the rest of the students around us seemed to have stopped doing what they were doing to look at the little interaction that was going on. They looked from us to Austin and Catalina.