Dreams

Copyright © 2012 OneLove_OneDream
All Rights Reserved.

                                      ~*~*~*~

 I ran as fast as I could. What I was running from, I could not tell you. My heart was pounding; I feared it would jump out of my chest. I could hear shouts.

Where those people?

I was running away from people? But why? What had I done?

Jumping behind a tree, I hid. I had to get some air. My lungs ached, as if they were about to explode if I didn’t gulp down some air. I wheezed, clenching my clothes. That is when I realized what I was wearing. It was some sort of old fashioned pajama. I had seen these on old movies.

Why was I wearing this though?

I had no time to think much of it because the shouting was getting closer, I ran. I ran through the trees, but to my horror, I tripped. I stumbled down and screamed out in pain as a sharp pain shoot through my left leg.

“Got you, you witch!” a bone chilling voice hissed.

“W-What? I am not a witch!” I tried to defend myself, but to no avail. I was being pulled by my hair backwards. I trashed around, screaming to be released. My hands were being tied rather tightly. It took me several seconds to realize I was being tied to a stake

The man who had captured me, stood back. He looked rather old, like my dad’s age perhaps. The way he looked at me sent shivers of fright down my spine.

“You must die, you wretched witch.” I began to cry because I knew no matter what I said. He would not let me go. Suddenly the smell of smoke caused me to tense up.

Fire.

Fire was beginning to burn around me. My heart dropped. I began to scream as everyone else began to cheer with joy.

Why me!

“Stop! No!”

The sound of struggling was heard, a roar, a hiss.

“You cannot take her away from me! She is not what you accuse her of you old man!” The voice screamed again, “She is not evil!”

The voice caused a stir within me, but I could not see who it was. The flames began to grow bigger and the heat was unbearable. I knew then, I would die. I would die with my worst fear.

The I felt it the burning sensation, the fire engulfing my body, I held still. I screamed, I screamed as if it was the last thing I can do, which it was. I looked up only to see a pair of black eyes staring back at me, with sorrow, desire, want, sadness. I only stared into them for seconds before I slipped into conscious

~~

I woke up with a start. My heart pounded against my chest. I rubbed my throat the pain was still vivid in my mind. I had that dream again. Every once in awhile, I would dream that horrific dream, it irritated me to the core.

I glanced quickly around the room. Sunlight streamed through the window. My gaze traveled towards the clock, 7:45. I let out a groan. I always overslept, at least twice each month or more.

A knock on her door rattling the hinges caused her to jump.

“Catalina!” Father called.

I scrambled out of my bed and opened the door. “I’m sorry, Dad. I overslept.”