Crimson Ball

Copyright © 2012 OneLove_OneDream
All Rights Reserved.

                                      ~*~*~*~

I stayed quiet, stun out of my mind. I felt as if the room began to swirl around. The nausea, I recently had felt, began to grow stronger. I felt as if I couldn’t speak.

What could I say? I was wondering around his house, without any permission. He had all the right to throw me out if he desired to do so. Would I mind? No not really, I didn’t want to be here in the first place. But I did, however, wanted to keep looking into his mesmerizing grey eyes that had a hint of blue. I wanted to touch his soft looking skin. I wanted to kiss his—

What in the world was I thinking?!

He smiled, showing his pearly white teeth, “What are you doing out here? Don’t you like the party?” he asked. His voice sounded like music to my ears. I just wanted to run into his arms and jump into them.

Ugh! What the hell was wrong with me, get it together Catalina!

I racked my brain for an excuse, but I couldn’t come up with anything. What could I tell him? As I looked into his beautiful eyes, I realized I couldn’t seem to lie to him.

“Well, no offence but…the party isn’t at all what I expected. I just needed to get away for a while,” I confessed touching my dress shyly. “And to be honest I don’t feel all comfortable in this dress it seems like I cant breath. I don’t know how they did it back then.”

I shut my mouth immediately. I was babbling like crazy to one of the host’s of this party. Nice going Catalina! I looked at him through my eye lashes. His face was emotionless, until a hint of a smile tugged at the edge of his lip.

He nodded. “Well maybe you just aren’t use to my sister’s crazy parties, they seem to be extravagant. Do you agree?”

I nodded solemnly, “It’s just I’m not use to seeing a party like this or one that you have to wear these dresses…” I flapped at the piece of clothing.

“Well, yeah that is my sister for you. Besides, I believe this dress looks lovely on you. Red is your color love.”

The word love caused me to go weak in my knees. It sounded so exotic. No one had ever called me such a name, a nickname. My nicknames were fire girl or cata but never such a lovely nickname.

“But something is missing.”

I looked up at him curiosity showing within my eyes. “What is that?” I asked.

I had no idea what they wore back in those day’s they did balls. Who even thought of doing balls in this era?   As if to read my mind, he chuckled out of no were. I looked at him, I was about to ask him what was so funny, but I clasped my mouth shut at what I saw in his hand.

He held a flower towards me---a crimson rose.

My eyes went wide in wonder. “Where did you get such a lovely flower?”

I had never seen such a nice rose and not in such a color. The color wasn’t like any red rose I had ever seen. It was as red as blood, it was beautiful.

I took it slightly tugging it into my corset, since I had no pockets.

He shrugged slightly. “I found it near the stables earlier. Somehow it survived the coming of winter.” He shifted his gaze away from me.

They had stables here as well? What else did this huge mansion have?

A slow, eerie melody drifted into the room. I shifted uncomfortably. I wanted to step away from him. The aura was too intense.