Sparks

Copyright © 2012 OneLove_OneDream

All Rights Reserved.

                                      ~*~*~*~

 I woke up with the smell of cheesecake lingering by my nostrils. I open my eyes and saw a piece of cheesecake on my nightstand.

Licking my lips, I grabbed the plate and devour the piece, quickly. 

I groaned, I guess I was more tired than I had thought. I slept all day. I got my phone and saw I had ten text messages and five missed calls from Chad.

Chad: You better not flake!

Chad: Why are you answering!

I rolled my eyes. For a popular guy, he sure can be annoying. Quickly, I texted him back.

‘Stop bothering me! I won’t flake!’

I placed my phone back on to the nightstand making my way towards the kitchen.  Mom was there, making breakfast with my little brother, Max.

I went over, bending down to pick up Max.

“Look! Broom, broom!” He then proceeded to show me his little monster truck. Max was a surprise. Mom and Dad didn’t expect to have another kid after me, I was there only resource. You see mom had difficulties getting pregnant, it was a wonder she was able to have me.

“Hi sweetie, you had a nice sleep?”

I placed Max down, he ran towards the living room, giggling. “Yes, but why didn’t you guys wake me up so I can eat cheesecake with all of you?” I grabbed an apple.

“well because you looked awfully tired when you came and then when we did go up to get you, you were passed out drooling.”

 I narrowed my eyes, “I do not drool.”

Her laughter ran thoughout the whole kitchen, “If you say so. So what are you plans for today?” Mom then proceeded to place some eggs on my plate and bacon on the side. I picked at the bacon, debating wheather to tell her about the ‘party.’ I knew she would try to make me go as well.

I wasn’t that anti social, but I rather be no were near much people. I had a weird fear of people gathering around me. it caused me to hyperventilate and go crazy.

“Well…”

Mom raised her delicate eyebrows, “Well what?” She sat down next to me.

“Well you know how some new people moved into town?” She smiled, of course she would know. Everything went around quick in this town.

“Yeah the one’s that moved in the old big mansion. Heavens knows why they would want to move into that house though.” She let out a shiver of fear. Like I said no one really went near that house.

“Yeah well they are having a party of some sort. Actually, its like a ball so if I want to go I need one of those fancy dresses, you know like they wore back in the dinasour years. So I was wondering if you had one?”

I smiled devilishly at her. Mom glared at me, slapping my hand playfully, “Oh yeah because I was born in that decade huh! But lucky for you I do have a dress like that.”

My smile faded. I was so hoping she didn’t have one, so I could escape with a perfect excuse not to go. But being mom, she was always prepared for everything.

“Come on! I have been waiting for this day.”

She pulled at my arm and dragged me up the stairs, “For what?” I whined trying to get away from her steal grip.