Faint

Copyright © 2012 OneLove_OneDream

All Rights Reserved.

~*~*~*~

When the final bell rang, I made my way towards my locker. I had to get my books and I was sort of hoping that Candle would forget about the whole inviting me over. It's not that I didn't want to be her friend, but I was kind of scared of her brothers, especially John and Trevor.

I turned my lock and it clicked open. I remember when I use to hate these locks. When I was a freshmen and I knew we had to use locks I panicked because I thought I wouldn't be able to open my locker and I would look like a total freshmen.

I slammed the locker shut, I turned to leave and was startled when in front of me was Joey. Joey my long time crush since I was ten. My crush had developed over the years, but I had begun to like him because he had been nice to me when everyone else wasn't.

Though that changed after some of my fellow students thought it would be funny to corner me in the hallway of my eight grade year with candles and lighters. I screamed bloody murder and I screamed for Joey to help me. But being of that age it was embarrassing for a girl to scream for your help.

After he found out I liked it, he wasn't so nice to me. Although he wasn't so mean, but he just found it satisfying seeing my face expression as he was with another girl.

He grinned down at me, "Hey Catalina how you doing?"

I was frozen into shock. I didn't know what to do or say. He had never spoken to me other than move out of my way.

"I uh I'm good..." I stuttered.

He smirked at my shyness. His hand touched my cheek. I closed my eyes and shivered with pleasure. It was a dream come true for him to be able to touch me. I had never felt him touch me, so excuse me if I melted into his touch.

A clear of a throat broke us away from the trance. I turned my head to see Trevor leaning on the wall a look of defiance on his face.

"I would appreaciate if you didn't keep my sister waiting," he said.

His tone was cold and emotionless a long with his face. He seemed to be looking pass me not even really talking to me. his eyes averted towards Joey, he glared at him and chuckled shaking his head.

"Would you hurry? I don't like my sister waiting outside for someone that isn't quite worth it," he spat out angrlily.

For some weird reason it caused my heart to clutch at the way he said I was not worth it. I felt the overwhelm sensation of crying. I held it in though, I wasn't about to cry in front of Joey and I wasn't going to cry in front of Trevor and let him have the satisfaction of seeing his words hurt.

"Maybe she shouldn't be waiting for me. I don't even want to go to your house," I spat out angrily. I looked at Joey, who seemed a bit lost.

"I have to go," I said.

I turned on my heel and walked the opposite way of Trevor, but I didn't make it far before a hand grasp my elbow rather tightly.

"You are not going anywhere. You must go to my house because you promise my sister."

Trevor's voice was hard and angry. I turned my head and saw his eyes. they were no longer grey but black, jet black. A flashback of my dream I let out a shiver of unpleasureness.

Yanking my hand away, I glowered at him. "Don't touch me like that. You have no right to tell me where I should go. If I don't want to go to your house then I won't go!" I spat.

"Hey man just leave her alone," said an angry Joey.

It was cute how he tried to defend me. he had never let that happen. My heart pounded in admiration. Was he really defending me? Maybe he had grown to have some type of feelings for me. as soon as I thought that, I let it go because I knew it couldn't be true.